M: "Look through the freakin' peep hole!"
C: "Who?"
M: "Open the freakin' door!"
M: "You're a freakin' maroon!"
M: "See ya' Monday!"

If I can hear these idiots through the door, why can't they hear me? They are not all deaf. Not a chance. They are just too young and when they eventually do come to the door, they hear me just fine. They also have no trouble hearing the video games they are playing when I'm knocking and they are sitting on their couch.

AKX

Better than my experience during the summer.

Knock Knock
Me: UPS
Customer: Who is it?
Customer: Just a minute
Me OK
Customer: Hang on
Me: Take your time mam.
Customer: Help!
Me: Mam?
Customer: Help me peanut!
Me: UPS!
Customer: Help me peanut!

I try the door knob, its unlocked. I slowly open the door
Me: Hello, UPS!
Customer: Help me, Ive fallen and I cant get up

I pear into the apartment and see an older woman laying in the floor. She had fallen out of her chair when she attempted to get up and come to the door. At first she refused my help to get her back up and in her recliner. I offered to call paramedics or apartment maintenance but she still refused. After about 5 minutes of watching her struggle and fail to get up she allowed me to help her up and get her parked back in the chair. She was quite winded and I didnt want to leave incase she was having trouble breathing so I hung around for another 5. She got calmed down and was breathing fine again. Sat the package on the coffee table got her to scratch the board as she appologized over and over. You never know what your gonna get when you knock on a door. A simple stop turned into a 15 minute ordeal for me. Oh and if your wondering, Peanut was a Chihuahua.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a stop once where a rather large elderly woman fell down and asked for my help getting up. The problem was that, between her size and the position she was laying at in a narrow walkway, the only way I could get her lifted up was from behind with my hands going under her arms and across the front of her chest. I did my best to position my hands so as not to touch her in an inappropriate manner, but it was still very awkward and embarassing for both of us. She thanked me for the help, signed for her package, and I got the heck out of there.

old levi's

blank space
I had a stop once where a rather large elderly woman fell down and asked for my help getting up. The problem was that, between her size and the position she was laying at in a narrow walkway, the only way I could get her lifted up was from behind with my hands going under her arms and across the front of her chest. I did my best to position my hands so as not to touch her in an inappropriate manner, but it was still very awkward and embarassing for both of us. She thanked me for the help, signed for her package, and I got the heck out of there.

Get close to your work; use any available handles.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I hate having to play the "who" game. I only repeat myself 3 times after the initial "it's UPS" and I leave a note and leave. Hopefully they read better than they hear.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
One time delivering to an apartment, I knock on the door and as I am looking down at the package to start the service cross, a lady opens the door and as I look up she jumps back screams and slams the door in my face. I'm like what the hell, knock again, no answer so I sheet the package refused and went on my merry way
BTW: first time poster, seasonal driver from July to December 30th, now work preload and drive Sat air, trying to get back to package car driver

UPSGUY72

This it what I would have done.

knock knock
Customer : Who
Customer : Who

Me fill out the Info notice / service cross leave.

S

splozi

How she expected that little chihuahua to help was beyond me. Lol

I am reminded of this:

1 Random-Funny-Pictures-Part-108_17.jpg
1 Random-Funny-Pictures-Part-108_17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
This is my pet peeve.
Back during peak I had this happen.Went to 2nd floor apt.Could see Jaba the Hut laying on the couch.I knocked
Jaba:who is it?
Me:UPS
Jaba:Who?
Me:UPS (filling out del notice)(9pm)
Jaba:Who?
Me:See u later
I left and about 15 min later a suv pulled up behind be while I was making a del. Jaba said "do you have a pkg for me?"I said" whats your name" Who? WHO? WHOOO???

rod

Retired 22 years
Knock knock:

Quiet!

wait about 30 sec.

Knock knock:

quiet

After about 30 sec-------------------------KABOOM

Customer comes to door and he has been shooting birds (blue jays) off of his bird feeder out the kitchen window because he says---"they are costing him a fortune to feed".