Krispy Kreme cheeseburger

klein

Für Meno :)
Krispy Kreme dougnuts tried to make a run for it here (opened up 2 locations in Calgary and 1 here in Edmonton).
all 3 locations closed doors after 6 months.

I never had the chance to try 1 either.
Can't be a big loss if they didn't sell here.

People have a huge loyalty to Tim Hortons here.
The largest line up from any coffee/doughnut or fast food chain or drive thru.

Busier then any mac d's , etc..... I don't even go there... don't have the patience to wait at the drive thru or in-line for soo long.

Actually still have 2 giftcards I recieved as a driver. Still haven't used them.
One for being stuck in the business parking lot on ice and snow... and fought myself out.... the manager came out, thought I deserved a coffee on him.
The second one.. probably another ice cold day, a store owner gave me one.

Both are only worth $5 each, better then nothing.

P

pickup

If I remember correctly,Krispy Kreme leveraged their finances and started opening up more stores and when they opened up those stores, the low carb craze kicked in. You know, the atkins diet kind of thing where suddenly any breads , potatoes , etc was considered taboo. Krispy Kreme suffered tremendously as Americans cut back on anything made from wheat or with bread. The craze lasted for what one or two years, but the damage was done and the stock took a tremendous hit.

Wonderbread and its associated products took a big hit as well.

If I remember correctly,Krispy Kreme leveraged their finances and started opening up more stores and when they opened up those stores, the low carb craze kicked in. You know, the atkins diet kind of thing where suddenly any breads , potatoes , etc was considered taboo. Krispy Kreme suffered tremendously as Americans cut back on anything made from wheat or with bread. The craze lasted for what one or two years, but the damage was done and the stock took a tremendous hit.

Wonderbread and its associated products took a big hit as well.

My wife,knowing my fondness of KK at the time, bought me 100 shares of KK. I don`t recall what it started at but I do remember it split two or three times topping out around the mid $60`s before it began it`s plunge. We sold it long before but I still have one share around somewhere. The paper it`s printed on is worth more I believe. It`s a shame what the greed of unrestrained expansion did to the company.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Shes banking on the fact that most here aren`t smart enough to do the math.

P.s. in post 11, I didn`t know that Stug couldn`t handle his liquor.

That wasn't STUG....that was FXDWG versus KLEIN in an old fashioned Cuban drinking competition.

Klein won!! I fell asleep..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The closest Krispy Kreme is in Canada but our local schools will do fundraisers selling them by the dozen and they usually sell quite quickly. Dunkin Donuts rules this area; however, the best donuts in town are made by a local roadside produce stand (Rulfs Orchards) where they sell them by the baker's dozen (13). When my daughter was going to college in Albany I would pick up a dozen for her on my way down to visit.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The closest Krispy Kreme is in Canada but our local schools will do fundraisers selling them by the dozen and they usually sell quite quickly. Dunkin Donuts rules this area; however, the best donuts in town are made by a local roadside produce stand (Rulfs Orchards) where they sell them by the baker's dozen (13). When my daughter was going to college in Albany I would pick up a dozen for her on my way down to visit.

Are there any Tim Horton's around you?