Labor vs capital

804brown

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. Capital has its rights, which are as worthy of protection as any other rights." A Lincoln

island1fox

:wink2:804,

Lets just stick with UPS as an example.

A seventeen year old boy took a tremendous RISK borrowed capital and through many years of hard work and re-investment provided a company that pays you a great salary and benefits.

Instead of you being "grateful" you always whine and complain.

Why would you not take some of your capital or borrow to start a business, provide jobs and opportunity while you risk what you have worked for ??

No -- for you it is too easy to complain about the investors and risk takers that provide you with a job to support your family.

Realize the reality of this --thousands and thousands of "shareholders" have invested their money into UPS. The dividend that is paid is extremely low compared to thousands of other companies.
Why should shareowners continue to risk their capital for a lousy 3% return??

Ups stock has not grown for over ten years. If ALL of the shareholders decided tomorrow to take back their capital before unreasonable demands cripple the Company --guess what ? You would have nothing more to complain about --the big bad UPS would no longer exist.

But of course the capital that I worked for and invest to provide you a job--I should not expect a REASONABLE return on my money.
If and when the economy turns around --if UPS stock does not increase --many of us "Risk Takers" will risk our money elsewhere.

Why not consider REALITY once in a while !!:wink2: