Lack of control on a center level

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Apparently our center manager isn't even allowed to set start times for his own building. Driver sups haven't been allowed to train new drivers on routes either. Lots of going out blind. All because the DM had "other plans" for them.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The supes get lazier and lazier every year. Freakin comedy show this company nowadays. Spiraling out of control every where. Why even have supes really ya know, when the drivers solve all the problems everyday, all day.

Indecisi0n

The supes get lazier and lazier every year. Freakin comedy show this company nowadays. Spiraling out of control every where. Why even have supes really ya know, when the drivers solve all the problems everyday, all day.
I can honestly say I make them pay for their problems in my center.

Apparently our center manager isn't even allowed to set start times for his own building. Driver sups haven't been allowed to train new drivers on routes either. Lots of going out blind. All because the DM had "other plans" for them.
When I started driving you went out blind without a sup 99% of the time and there was no edd. You new drivers are spoiled

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They sure do seem to love reports, don't they?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
When I started driving you went out blind without a sup 99% of the time and there was no edd. You new drivers are spoiled

This is the case where I come from. When I left split driving I knew somewhere between 20-23 routes between 2 centers. I was trained on one - the one I made book on. Everything else was learned by bringing a map and a sense of humor.

Indecisi0n

Why do drivers think remembering routes makes them superior to other drivers? I can hear it in the tone of their voices while they explain how many route they know to others. Your remembering house numbers and areas it's not like your exhibiting any above average intelligence by doing this.

Why do drivers think remembering routes makes them superior to other drivers? I can hear it in the tone of their voices while they explain how many route they know to others. Your remembering house numbers and areas it's not like your exhibiting any above average intelligence by doing this.
The less routes you know, the better off you are!

upschuck

Took me a little too long to learn this, but going out blind was an easy day. Work safe, don't get in a rush, and then call the center for help. Only bad things happen when you rush and get worked up, and they tend to send you out blind less often.

upschuck

If the center manager can't have the trust of the company to do the right thing(according to the company), then why are they in that position. Let them do their job, they know more of what goes on more than the DM. There are too many levels of management in this company, and each higher level takes them further away from the reality of the actual business of getting the package delivered.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Could this be the beginning of "the end of the safety crap ". Seems it to me. We will have to see. Back when I started. We all started cold. Eventually I learned the whole building. Never had days off. Full time hours ever since.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
center manager's like to make the excuse that so and so above them said they couldn't do something. Adding a route is one of them. An On Car Supes job is being on the car.

oldupsman

....unless, of course, you like working on a daily basis....

Exactly right. When I started I'd go in and they would tell me I'm extra today. I'd just go around to all the old guys
and see who wanted to go home. Somebody always did. Then I'd just go over the trip with him before he left.
I'd still be going out cold but I would at least have an idea where I was going. And I was working every day.

upschuck

center manager's like to make the excuse that so and so above them said they couldn't do something. Adding a route is one of them. An On Car Supes job is being on the car.
I don't agree. An on car sups job is to help the drivers get the job done behind the scenes, which includes, but not limited to, having the right stops sent to right car, having the proper equipment for the driver to do their job, having the proper manning, proper training, making sure drivers are paid properly, and answering question and concerns that the drivers bring up. If they did that properly, a sup would only be on car once a year for the annual TLA.