Lack of control on a center level

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Believe it or not it was a lot harder then you didn't know what was in the truck we had to go out and do it. They take all the thinking away with how you do it now no offense.

I remember those days. Honestly I look back now and wonder how in the world we did it then.

I really didn't start this thread to bitch about going out blind. It was started basically to say why even pay a driver sup or center manager if you're not willing to let them do their job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The less routes you know, the better off you are!
Apparently. I know almost half the routes in our center. 50-57 routes. Yet I've went out blind the last two years more than I did the previous 5.

The excuse the last few times is that they would rather send a driver with more experiance out blind over a newer one.

I would disagree. That newbie is still trying to impress you. He will run his ass off and skip break to try and get that route done. Me? Well me you'll be taking 2-3 hours of work off me.

DILLIGAF1

UPS is 100% accurate about yesterday but can't plan for tomorrow. center manager's and Supes can't do anything without their boss from another state telling them what to do and when to do it. All of their reports tell them how bad we did yesterday, if they didn't have telematics how could they justify their jobs. Going out blind today is no big deal, when I started it was all box numbers and routes and load your own car. E911 and EDD would make going out blind a snap today.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Could this be the beginning of "the end of the safety crap ". Seems it to me. We will have to see. Back when I started. We all started cold. Eventually I learned the whole building. Never had days off. Full time hours ever since.
I think the beginning of the end of the safety crap started at peak. When they knowingly threw untrained, un-road tested management on the road in terrible conditions we realized that safety is not this company's priority.

Rainman

Its all good.
If the center manager can't have the trust of the company to do the right thing(according to the company), then why are they in that position. Let them do their job, they know more of what goes on more than the DM. There are too many levels of management in this company, and each higher level takes them further away from the reality of the actual business of getting the package delivered.
And from treating people like people. There's something about when a person gets to the DM level, they start viewing people less as people and more as just a number. It's like they're a whole different person.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
Believe it or not it was a lot harder then you didn't know what was in the truck we had to go out and do it. They take all the thinking away with how you do it now no offense.
I remember years ago we used to say we wanted to have all our stops lined up for us so we wouldn't have to figure it out. I guess we better watch what we wish for, because it kind of sucks having it with Orion.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

And from treating people like people. There's something about when a person gets to the DM level, they start viewing people less as people and more as just a number. It's like they're a whole different person.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I believe the plan is to push that perspective down to the center manager and FT sup level.

mjjlohn

Going out blind is great, gets boring knowing where everything is. Don't want to see this guy, don't want to go to this crappy house. Don't want to pick this junk up don't want to do this OCA that another driver refuses to do. At least when I'm blind it's a mystery....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Cover drive for 8 years and youll get sick of cover driving and running stuff in the blind. Just don't forget your cherry cream when your cover driving cause youll need it after them ramming it into your bunghole all the time:furious:

I remember years ago we used to say we wanted to have all our stops lined up for us so we wouldn't have to figure it out. I guess we better watch what we wish for, because it kind of sucks having it with Orion.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Every system can be manipulated. If you follow it to the t it will reside in your favor. Trust me on this. I followed wed from the start and the stops fell off. That backing crap reduced my stops. I love playing games and this place is the Olympics of games. A lot of us will survive I will succeed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh hell yea, you send me out with an idiot dispatch, ill punch ya right in the nuttz and crush their skulls super deep into the night. NO MERCY DOGG lol
You can have that blind shiznitt. Id rather know what the hell im getting myself into so I can throw her on cruise control for the day lol.
Cover drive for 8 years and youll get sick of cover driving and running stuff in the blind. Just don't forget your cherry cream when your cover driving cause youll need it after them ramming it into your bunghole all the time:furious:

Here's a tip----try posting like your daughter is looking over your shoulder while you are typing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why do drivers think remembering routes makes them superior to other drivers? I can hear it in the tone of their voices while they explain how many route they know to others. Your remembering house numbers and areas it's not like your exhibiting any above average intelligence by doing this.

I'll tell you this. Some do have an amazing ability of instant recall. I don't, and I envy those that do.