lady hit double parked FedEx Ground Truck...

HomeDelivery

metro areas suck... you double-park as a last resort & the driver &/or contractor risk paying for a parking ticket...

all those valuable witnesses & the FedEx driver/helpers should have pulled out that accident packet to fill out while waiting for the police...

cop arrives & didn't start w/ the police report... wtf?

lady knew it was her fault & proceeds to leave the scene of the accident... after she gives a parting gift to the driver

good thing no major damage to the 26' straight truck & it's caught on video

-----------------------------------------------------------
i know of a few drivers in my hub that lives in metro areas, but they rather cross the bridge to deliver in the suburbia instead.

just because they say parking sucks, narrow streets, no proper DR to most of the area or it'll get stolen, etc... and they're not paid by the hour to stand around looking for a parking spot

more power to you guys/gals who deliver in this type of environment.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
She confirms, nobody cares when they get their packages. She must have missed Christmas.

OK, let's look at it from the FedEx perspective. This driver was double-parked, so it's all his fault per the company. He should have circled the block 200 times and found a legal parking space. Sorry, but discipline is forthcoming for this driver.

TUT

OK, let's look at it from the FedEx perspective. This driver was double-parked, so it's all his fault per the company. He should have circled the block 200 times and found a legal parking space. Sorry, but discipline is forthcoming for this driver.

That I don't know. In regards to double parking in general, I thought carriers had an exemption. As for who's fault in the court this would be. I assume if the truck was parked and not moving, even if double parked, that one falls back on the driver who ran into the truck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That I don't know. In regards to double parking in general, I thought carriers had an exemption. As for who's fault in the court this would be. I assume if the truck was parked and not moving, even if double parked, that one falls back on the driver who ran into the truck.

In my city, they ticket for parking anywhere but a yellow load zone, and tow for double-parking. Probably different elsewhere.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No doubt!

DontThrowPackages

You joke but thats the reality. As long as a driver is double parking, making goal, there is no issue. However, if a member of the public tries to see how far they can push their hood under the company truck, thats when the driver is at fault. Back when there were "check rides", a manager kept his mouth shut about parking situations because they knew the alternative is to park a block away. This would mean walking basically 2 blocks to deliver a package which mean less stops per hour so the managers said nothing. Only when bad things happen is when they tell the driver he had bad methods.

dezguy

In my city, they ticket for parking anywhere but a yellow load zone, and tow for double-parking. Probably different elsewhere.

We have designated load/unload spots in my city. The general public disregard them all the time and I love pulling up next to their cars/SUV's and parking inches from their door. It's awesome when you come back from a stop and someone is standing there giving you the death stare. I just point to the sign and smile.