Laid off driver working as PT supervisor

Ouch

[quote Hoaxter, post: 1259914, member: 7966"]I fail to see what's the issue and how it is a grieveable condition.

Also, advise the P/T Sup to withdraw from Union so he does not owe back dues.[/quote]

The grievable offense would be that they haven't filled a driving position that was opened if he turns out to be a on car sup. A grievance should be filed to satisfy a full time position being made available. I don't get the whole union member supervisor though. He can't be a sup and in the union.

Last April our of our PT supervisors went into FT driving. As of last Tuesday he's bumped back onto the Preload - but back to his role as a PT supervisor. Let's just say that he's trying to make a name for himself. Anyway, it would seem like this is a conflict of interest; e.g. IBT member disciplining other IBT members, although I know in some companies in which management is unionized this is common. I've talked with the boss and he only says 'don't worry about it, he'll be a FT on-car supervisor later this year, anyways.' Thoughts?
Grievance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The grievable offense would be that they haven't filled a driving position that was opened if he turns out to be a on car sup. A grievance should be filed to satisfy a full time position being made available. I don't get the whole union member supervisor though. He can't be a sup and in the union.
The fulltime position was filled in April 2013 in the 1-7 ratio.
He is a laid-off driver who has the right to his friend/T Driver position once that position is put back in in seniority order. Until such time he does go into a friend/T Management position, he has a right to that job unless he is terminated from that position. Which means that the 1-7 ratio continues in it's current countdown (as long as all laid off drivers are back driving).

This happened to me coincidentally and I was laid off after Christmas and went back driving on Feb 28th.
I would assume this happens all the time in the hub buildings (as mine was).
The unusual aspect of this is that he went into a dispatch position instead of P/T sup of inside workers.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I should clarify: he was a 'lead' PT sup that covered all areas, so he's worked dispatch before. Each center had a PT sup supplementing the FT dispatcher. I'm guessing he's pulling dispatch since he's worked so many routes.

I'm sure Hoaxster is right. Just seems odd. Then again out of 400 drivers, only a dozen have come in the last ten years so guess I'm not use to it.

The fulltime position was filled in April 2013 in the 1-7 ratio.
He is a laid-off driver who has the right to his friend/T Driver position once that position is put back in in seniority order. Until such time he does go into a friend/T Management position, he has a right to that job unless he is terminated from that position. Which means that the 1-7 ratio continues in it's current countdown (as long as all laid off drivers are back driving).

This happened to me coincidentally and I was laid off after Christmas and went back driving on Feb 28th.
I would assume this happens all the time in the hub buildings (as mine was).
The unusual aspect of this is that he went into a dispatch position instead of P/T sup of inside workers.
It's 6to 1 old timer.

Ouch

Hoaxster if he is brought back in the building then he displaces 2 part time employees not to return to a part time sup position. To me that would be a grievable offense. If he returns to a sup position then that would mean they would have to bid that route and that would open a full time driver position.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster if he is brought back in the building then he displaces 2 part time employees not to return to a part time sup position. To me that would be a grievable offense. If he returns to a sup position then that would mean they would have to bid that route and that would open a full time driver position.
I thought the driver had the option to take the layoff rather work one or two shifts.
I remember a few drivers doing that back when.
Where the driver works while laid off is non of the Unions business I would think.

Ouch

uote="Hoaxster, post: 1260299, member: 7966"]I thought the driver had the option to take the layoff rather work one or two shifts.
I remember a few drivers doing that back when.
Where the driver works while laid off is non of the Unions business I would think.[/quote]
It would become the union members business when the driver went back to the sup position. The driver does have the choice of layoff or displacing 2 part timers. The driver doesn't have to work 2 shifts. One shift would keep his/her benefits active. If the driver comes off the road after accepting a full time driver position he stay hourly even in the building. If he is promoted to oncar sup then that opens that route for bid. He/she has to be replaced with the 1 for 6 hires. The full time driver cant come off the road to an inside part time sup position. He/she either takes the layoff or displaces 2 part time positions. That's were the contract violation comes in to play.