Laid off from driving

UPSGUY72

First thought is change your avatar so they don't know it's you.

Second would be you're pretty much SOL. Your best option would be just work preload and hope you get a route. But you're kind of taking chances there.

In mass you could work the preload and collect or work both shift and collect because you took a cut in pay. In mass you can make up to 1/3 of you unemployment benefit and it doesn't effect how much you get from unemployment any over 1/3 starts cuttingin what they give you.

anthonyb1203

Better yet, don't be such a pansie and read the DAMN CONTRACT AND KNOW FOR YOURSELF WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!
Are u saying that to me or the other guy you quoted? I read the contract. Nothing really I can really do other than skip a shift. That's why I was asking for advice. Has nothing to do with being a pansy. I've been filing grievances for lower seniority drivers driving, but because of the 10 hour rule, their getting tossed.

anthonyb1203

I would file based on Seniority. If a lower seniority driver is working because you're laid off, you're looking at a basic breach of good faith. Learn to play hardball with mgmt and get your steward and business agent involved. If you let yourself be pushed around, your going to have a long crappy career.
Yeah I hear us. I'm filing grievances but due to that 10 hour rule, they're not going to be in my favor

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Are u saying that to me or the other guy you quoted? I read the contract. Nothing really I can really do other than skip a shift. That's why I was asking for advice. Has nothing to do with being a pansy. I've been filing grievances for lower seniority drivers driving, but because of the 10 hour rule, their getting tossed.

That was for the kick the dog :censored2:.

If other lower seniority drivers are driving why aren't you? Figure that out and you'll be set.

Find out the volume. Like I said, then you'll know when it's best to try your luck and cut your reload shift short or to work a full shift.

That 10 hour rule bs is crap. If those other drivers get called to drive the company should have expected the need for more drivers in enough time to let you know to drive the day before. That's how we always won.

PhatAzz

The last person you should be taking advice from is a supervisor, in this situation. SMH. Get your local involved.
First thought is change your avatar so they don't know it's you.

Second would be you're pretty much SOL.

I don't see anything wrong with his advice.

It seems the laid off Full timer "chose" to bump two part time shifts. Could he not have chosen to take a layoff and wait for a call if a route came open? Choices have to be made. He did have a choice, didn't he?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

says the pt supe... brilliant!
You know nothing about me.
I don't see anything wrong with his advice.

It seems the laid off Full timer "chose" to bump two part time shifts. Could he not have chosen to take a layoff and wait for a call if a route came open? Choices have to be made. He did have a choice, didn't he?
Of course he did. But because it isn't what he would do apparently I'm screwing him.

I have no reason to steer someone wrong. I don't get off on that.

PhatAzz

How about you stop working the splits and show up every morning in browns and go find a route. You might not know it, but someone will go home. Also talk to a steward and find out if they are handling this correctly. Never take management's word for ANYTHING.

+1

The sups in my center were making about 20-30 phone calls EVERY MONDAY MORNING from the top of the seniority list down until we found enough people to take off. They made 15-20 calls the every day for the rest of the week. The bottom 20% hardly ever got any time off offered unless they called in and used sick days.