Land of make believe policies

Doc Sorting Dude

We actually have a more than a few Men and Women who wear shorts all year long, and in the part of the country where I work it can get down into the teens in the winter (as a high). On another note, we have a guy that wears long pants and jacket even if its 100 degrees; plus the truck we drives (W700) does not have air conditioning. Reminds me of these homeless people who have seven layers of clothes plus a knit cap in the middle of summer.

Doc Sorting Dude

We actually have a more than a few Men and Women who wear shorts all year long, and in the part of the country where I work it can get down into the teens in the winter (as a high). On another note, we have a guy that wears long pants and jacket even if its 100 degrees; plus the truck we drives (W700) does not have air conditioning. Reminds me of these homeless people who have seven layers of clothes plus a knit cap in the middle of summer.

SmithBarney

If the company provides the uniforms why can't they implement a uniform policy?
Well they could, but current policy doesn't specify because they assume that the typical
person can make an educated choice on what to wear for the current weather conditions.

As long as what you wear isn't a safety hazard, and complies with current policy I can't see where they can say.

Although I'd hate to be broken down out in the woods a 5 degrees, in shorts in NoACK (no cell service)
That being said most CRRs carry a set of pants/shorts/shirt,(i have mine stashed away just in case, hope they still fit)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

As of late, they don't even provide uniforms. We wear rags, so until rags become a "uniform", I guess we'll do what we need to in order to stay warm and/or cool. As soon as I leave the building, I wear a plain black or blue hooded sweatshirt and hide the shame of wearing something that says "FedEx" on it.

!Retired!

There is a uniform policy. It just doesn't say anything about when to wear what (i.e. long pants/winter, shorts/summer). As long as it's FedEx issued pants, shirt, jacket, etc....and the current style, you can wear it.

xFed

They can... ("they" being the company), but I don't think local station management can. I worked for UPS about 10 years ago and as I remember, you couldn't wear long sleeves if you had shorts on, and you couldn't wear shorts at all in the winter months.

We have a few guys at our station that wear shorts year round, it seems like every station has at least one. They look ridiculous wearing boots, a sweatshirt, and a jacket... with shorts. I just don't get it; If it's so cold out that you have to wear a sweatshirt and a jacket over the sweatshirt, then why the :censored2: are you wearing shorts??? :dont_know: