"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
We won't have to strike.
The IBT doesn't want it and neither does UPS.
All we have to do is to KEEP VOTING NO.
You know it, and I know it.

Agreed. What is it you hope to achieve by stonewalling?

PS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394343230.291859.jpg

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

Island

It is my opinion that UPS should build one or two more megahubs in the US. Not necessarily the size of Worldport but definitely state of the art. Cutting edge tech. It is clear that the company doesn't think the money requirement to maintain Worldport's equipment is worth what they're getting out of it but my mind says that the profit involved should make the maintenance bill look like fast food change. Of course we know management, they'll refuse to pay for a repair until it kills half a dozen people as it falls apart.
Anyway my point being that our volume is growing, our contracts with major shippers such as Amazon are not necessarily moving the volume in a manner condusive to sorting it all in Kentucky. If Amazon is shipping 100,000 pieces in Dallas to California, it is silly to fly that many planes to Worldport in between.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
How was your visit???

It was an orientation for 5y/o kindergarten for my son. I didn't get to make the visit due to my chosen profession.

I voted "no" because I felt the new 9.5 language was just as weak as the last one and still did not provide any real deterrent to route cutting and sending us out with 11 hr dispatches everyday. Thus, resulting in my missing many more of these "visits".

Stonefish

It was an orientation for 5y/o kindergarten for my son. I didn't get to make the visit due to my chosen profession.

I voted "no" because I felt the new 9.5 language was just as weak as the last one and still did not provide any real deterrent to route cutting and sending us out with 11 hr dispatches everyday. Thus, resulting in my missing many more of these "visits".

They key words are chosen profession.
I thought the problem was healthcare and 17I now it's 9.5? What's wrong with the 9.5 language?

Notretiredyet

As far as I'm concerned as long as the work over 9.5 hrs isn't paid at triple time automatically it's inadequate. You should be able to sign on the list if you want the overtime, by seniority and waive the extra pay.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They key words are chosen profession.
I thought the problem was healthcare and 17I now it's 9.5? What's wrong with the 9.5 language?

Chosen indeed. I never had an issue with healthcare, as I've been in TeamCare for the last 9 years with 0 complaints. In my opinion the new 9.5 language is basically a slight improvement to the last contract.

Doesn't matter anyway, the master and my supplement passed. I'll accept that, knowing I did what I could.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
As far as I'm concerned as long as the work over 9.5 hrs isn't paid at triple time automatically it's inadequate. You should be able to sign on the list if you want the overtime, by seniority and waive the extra pay.

That is exactly what I wanted to see. Thumbs up.

Stonefish

Triple time is paid if you are on the list.
Are you asking for language to be put in the contract stating you can sign to refuse anything over 8 hours?

kingOFchester

Are you asking for language to be put in the contract stating you can sign to refuse anything over 8 hours?
I think he is saying all work over 9.5 automatically paid at triple time. If you want work over 9.5 you could sign a list waiving triple time.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I think what he's getting at is there shouldn't be a list. It should be automatic. The list opens the door for targeted harassment and that keeps a lot of drivers from signing it.

Lemme guess your rebuttal. "Grow some balls and sign the list. If you're doing your job like you're supposed to, you got nothing to worry about."

That would be true, but a lot of us feel like the job is hard enough as it is and personal "war" with management would only add yet another degree of difficulty to it.