"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

Stonefish

I think what he's getting at is there shouldn't be a list. It should be automatic. The list opens the door for targeted harassment and that keeps a lot of drivers from signing it.

Lemme guess your rebuttal. "Grow some balls and sign the list. If you're doing your job like you're supposed to, you got nothing to worry about."

That would be true, but a lot of us feel like the job is hard enough as it is and personal "war" with management would only add yet another degree of difficulty to it.

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

Again I understand but that isn't the language that was ratified that part is over. People need to get involved in the proposal meetings next time instead of sitting on their hands and being pissed after the fact.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Again I understand but that isn't the language that was ratified that part is over. People need to get involved in the proposal meetings next time instead of sitting on their hands and being pissed after the fact.

I went to mine, sat with my steward. Our local proposed that idea and we were on board with that. The T.A. came back with the language that passed. I voted no, but it passed. I was disappointed, but not angry. Win some, lose some.

I still believe in my union. I'm grateful for all it's given me and my family. I'll always be faithful to it.

I posted my ballot pic for Bubbles. I didn't want him to think I was just another "yes" voter that wanted him to hurry up and pass his so I could get my check.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I went to mine, sat with my steward. Our local proposed that idea and we were on board with that. The T.A. came back with the language that passed. I voted no, but it passed. I was disappointed, but not angry. Win some, lose some.

I still believe in my union. I'm grateful for all it's given me and my family. I'll always be faithful to it.

I posted my ballot pic for Bubbles. I didn't want him to think I was just another "yes" voter that wanted him to hurry up and pass his so I could get my check.

We all know you are a great guy Harry.

Stonefish

I like everything you said except for posting a picture of your ballot for Bubblehead and what he thinks. Intimately who really cares about what he thinks about how you voted. You don't need to impress him, me or anyone else. As long as you voted your conscience you did the right thing

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I like how I'm a vocal yes voter and people hate me. It's hilarious. I don't have a problem I just don't agree. I think some people need to get laid and get a life. I really really take my union involvement seriously but relax.

brownone

Local 89 posts all the negatives they think they have with their contract, but do not mention the concession UPS has given them. President has one goal and that is to strike. Bring UPS to its knees by killing your local. I say give him what he wants. Yes UPS will lose a boat load of money, but it will happen at some time in the future, why not now. The company will come back smaller and with less employee's but it will be leaner and stronger company. Amazon has announced that they will deliver their own packages to top 40 major markets and cut out shippers like UPS and FDX.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I like everything you said except for posting a picture of your ballot for Bubblehead and what he thinks.

That reminds me, of something really funny.

During Local, IBT, or contact voting.... I have seen people make a copy of their ballot,

(In my Local) And then "mark" it several different ways.

When a certain "slate" is out campaigning.... "Hey, I voted for you.. see ?"

-Bug-

Anonymous 12

Non active member
That reminds me, of something really funny.

During Local, IBT, or contact voting.... I have seen people make a copy of their ballot,

(In my Local) And then "mark" it several different ways.

When a certain "slate" is out campaigning.... "Hey, I voted for you.. see ?"

-Bug-
That's freaking hilarious.

JackStraw

The 9.5 language is a JOKE. They can work you 11 hours a couple days, then cut you back. If not, then you have to file. BS. I remember when it first came out, EVERYBODY had to be off by 9.5 regardless if you wanted the OT or not. Then, magically, the language was changed to the present format.BS

Stonefish

The 9.5 language is a JOKE. They can work you 11 hours a couple days, then cut you back. If not, then you have to file. BS. I remember when it first came out, EVERYBODY had to be off by 9.5 regardless if you wanted the OT or not. Then, magically, the language was changed to the present format.BS

That was a proposal there were several proposals from both sides that neither side got. It's passed that over with propose changes next time if this doesn't work

upschuck

If UPS was smart, they would make all the new FT jobs in Louisville; that way, there would be that many less disgruntled PT'ers voting no.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The language hasn't changed.

Maybe....the way it was applied did. (In your area)

-Bug-

Stonefish

I think PT'ers in Louisville pay less than the normal 2.5x, so the big jump in pay plus the increase in percentage, they would actually get more.
Initiation fees for 2 part timers who by the way with the turn over rate they would get more. As far as dues it depends on the locals bi laws.

upschuck

Initiation fees for 2 part timers who by the way with the turn over rate they would get more. As far as dues it depends on the locals bi laws.
I think they have a waiver with international for reduced init fees too.
Although I disagree with Zuckerman (president of Local 89) on many things, this is one of the good things he does -- getting reduced dues for his PT members who primarily work at the Louisville, KY UPS Worldport as they actually have a smaller guarantee than most PT'ers in the rest of the country.

See: http://www.teamsters89.com/hall/June 7, 2012 Request to hall.pdf

upschuck

A lot of Locals survive.... on the 85% part-time turnover rate. (Think initiation fee)

That, kind of makes the company "pro-Union".

-Bug-
Please don't tell me you think the union wants high turnover just to get more init fees. That would make a conflict of interests with termination grievances.

Also the much higher wages and full dues rate would outpace the loss initiation fees in a short period of time.