"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

'Lord Brown's bidding'

How much does Amazon pay those guys? How long do they typically work? How long before they realize they are underpaid, and the Teamsters organize them?

If regional carriers become larger by handling Amazon' s stuff, they too will be prime targets for organizing. Amazon will not be able to those shipping costs down for long. In the meantime, UPS FedEx will focus on dealing with the rest of the huge e - com market.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I like everything you said except for posting a picture of your ballot for Bubblehead and what he thinks. Intimately who really cares about what he thinks about how you voted. You don't need to impress him, me or anyone else. As long as you voted your conscience you did the right thing

You're right, I shouldn't care what anyone thinks of me. I respect Bubblehead as member of this community, a colleague, and a union brother. I guess I wanted him to know, I understood where he was coming from.

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

Stonefish

You're right, I shouldn't care what anyone thinks of me. I respect Bubblehead as member of this community, a colleague, and a union brother. I guess I wanted him to know, I understood where he was coming from.

I glad you respect him.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is a fifty car center. How hard do you think it would be to add non-grocery packages to these routes and make deliveries? When FEDEX bought RPS, everyone said UPS would put them out of business. FEDEX ground gains a larger market share than UPS every year. Are they better than UPS or do they have lower overhead due to non-union labor? If life is so bad over there, how come the Teamsters cannot organize them? If you kill the goose that lays the golden egg, your nothing more than unemployed truck diver wondering why UPS could not keep paying you the highest wage with the best benefits in the industry.
The Teamsters fail to organize FedEx Ground for one reason and one reason only, and yes life is bad over there.
That reason is that FedEx hides behind their antiquated classification as an airline under the Railway Labor Act, while companies like UPS fall under the National Labor Relations Act.
Were we to play under the same rules, Fedex Ground would have been union long ago.

Stonefish

The Teamsters fail to organize FedEx Ground for one reason and one reason only, and yes life is bad over there.
That reason is that FedEx hides behind their antiquated classification as an airline under the Railway Labor Act, while companies like UPS fall under the National Labor Relations Act.
Were we to play under the same rules, Fedex Ground would have been union long ago.

And FedEx Freight??

'Lord Brown's bidding'

FedEx Ground drivers are NLRB drivers like UPS drivers; the problem is they are employed by contractors; you'd have to organize each contractor, who'd then be dropped from his contract at first chance and replaced.

FedEx Freight has stayed non - union apparently because FedEx has been a little more nicer, knowing they could organize at anytime. However, I was recently on a trucker's forum - can't remember which - and apparently they are preparing to try and mount an organizing drive, as conditions have gotten worse for them and they want change.

Ron Carey lives on

I meant giving up on 89, you think maybe they need our support? Maybe we should mobilize behind their defiance and take back this union. The healthcare comment was bleak, but as long as 89 and western penn hold out, my family and I have the insurance we have had for 20 years

Stonefish

I meant giving up on 89, you think maybe they need our support? Maybe we should mobilize behind their defiance and take back this union. The healthcare comment was bleak, but as long as 89 and western penn hold out, my family and I have the insurance we have had for 20 years

Take a look at post 86 help me out with how Local 89 decided to fight for some and not all

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Fred's nuts. How's that for Debbie downer.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Fred's nuts. How's that for Debbie downer.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394415875.248674.jpg