Last day at UPS

Well after tonight I will no longer be a part of the UPS family. I had a full time job at a car dealership along with UPS but was laid 1 1/2 months ago at the dealership and since most jobs around here that would work with my UPS schedule are mostly $10 per hour jobs, I decided to hold out for a single job that could replace two instead. So I will start back out in the oil field tomorrow at $15 per hour and 15 hour days, so it's pretty much like working two jobs, but at least I'll be pulling in $1100-1400 a week instead of $700-800 that I had been prior and only slightly more hours a week at 75 versus 67-70.

This job will only be temporary until I am able to join the fire department, hopefully within the next two years. I just took the firefighters written and physical test today and passed both, so now it's a matter of waiting for an opening.

A

anonymous6

you mean you don;t wanna hang around for the abuse?

so hello to Harry Stamper for me.

satellitedriver

I wish the best for you.
You have one thing on your side that will get you through the hard times.
A strong, willing work ethic.
Hang tough, good days are ahead.

Dnking

FireFalcon
Congratulations. If i could go back, I wouldve tried to get on at the Fire Department. Been with Brown too long now. Good Luck!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Good luck on your new adventure! It's always a happy feeling for me to know someone has taken a leap of faith towards a career that will undoubtedly be far more rewarding and meaningful on so many levels. UPS is just not a fun job right now. Maybe it will be again sometime, but it sure isn't right now!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPS is just not a fun job right now. Maybe it will be again sometime, but it sure isn't right now!

Where as I do agree with you and pretty much every other UPSer, I don't think that a job is supposed to be "fun" at least not the average job outside of Acting and Professional sports players. This career can be rewarding if you want it to be. Its a good way to earn a living and retire at a decent age with a pension & 401K.

The job I held before UPS was at a body shop. It was a very relaxed environment and we all joked around and had fun but there was no money OR future (retirement, VACATIONS), so UPS may not be as good as it once was, but it is still better than a lot of other jobs/no jobs

A

anonymous6

Yep, vacation.
I always take this week off in June.
The 21st is my birthday and the 24th is my wedding anniversary.

it's my birthday too. and i'm off this week. 26th wedding ann. btw i've had 29 jobs since high school and this one is one of the easiest .

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Yes, times are difficult and UPS is a good job....but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to make it better.
Saying "Be happy you have a job" is like saying "There were 13 murders in our city last month....you should suck it up and be happy you're still alive."
Totally agree ... go talk to other people.
I think I tell people this at least once a day.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes, times are difficult and UPS is a good job....but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to make it better.
Saying "Be happy you have a job" is like saying "There were 13 murders in our city last month....you should suck it up and be happy you're still alive."

If you were in Baltimore 13 murders would be a Miracle. we have close to 300 each year :) 13 would be nice