Last retro check question I promise

UPSjacks84

Okay this will be the last question about retro checks that I ask I promise. But I became friends with an hourly employee that was hired in October and she became a part time supervisor about 4 weeks ago. Is she still entitled to a retro check? I told her I would ask. Thanks.

Quigley

Okay this will be the last question about retro checks that I ask I promise. But I became friends with an hourly employee that was hired in October and she became a part time supervisor about 4 weeks ago. Is she still entitled to a retro check? I told her I would ask. Thanks.
I would say yes. If the contract was ratified on Aug 1 like it was supposed to be, then she would have got the .70 raise.

UPSjacks84

Well I don't want to give her the wrong info so does anyone know for absolute sure? She was hired in October of 2013 and became a part time sup last month.

Quigley

You will never get a abolute for sure answer on this forum. What you will get is alot of different opinions, which in the end dont amount to anything you can bank on. If you want a for sure answer talk to your BA.

UPSjacks84

I'm pretty sure she's not getting one because everyone I know who has direct deposit got theirs on Friday and she has direct deposit and it didn't go in. But, I told her I'd ask for confirmation.

Quigley

That doesnt mean she isnt owed one. I would ask your BA. It doesnt cost anything to ask. Whats the worst thing that can happen? She wont get one? She doesnt have one now. On the other hand if you ask she may get it.

UPSjacks84

She asked him before she became a sup and he said yeah but I know this guy and he probably just assumed or really didn't know he's not much of a help.

By The Book

Well I don't want to give her the wrong info so does anyone know for absolute sure? She was hired in October of 2013 and became a part time sup last month.
Not to be mean, the less stressful thing would be to let her ask her manager since she's in management now.

Quigley

Unfortunately I didnt pay enough attention to your first post. And I apologise for that. In order for her to get a retro check she would have had to be hired prior to Aug 1. Sorry for my previous posts.

By The Book

I think if the pay she was getting was under the old contract, and the new contact pay rate is higher, then she should get the difference between the two rates.