Late air... As an air driver

BrownChoice

Your supe "told" you to mark it as not in?
so when the cosignee whats to be an a$&hol3 and complain to corporate or their shipper that theyve been there and you came in and made some "rude remark" or was too impatient, do you think your supe is going to catch you when something goes wrong? Not trying to scare you, but i have been with a supe while being "demonstrated" the job delivering and was with him when he hit and knocked a garbage can over in cul de sac, not stopping, while look over at me smiling and said, make sure you dont do that....
or later in the day, having the supe, whos driving, stop at a gas atation and buys a can of chew then at end of day, hands me the can and as i say thank you, he says to me, " no you bought it." As i say" no i didnt" he smiles and says. Yes you did, and walks away????? Management doesnt always tell the truth, and they couldnt care any less. Ask some actual

as for the late air, dont sweat it just do as others have said and do your best! If the supes send you out to an area you dont know, and you have to stop on side of road 5 times to look at map or your gps in phone, then oh well. When i was in driving school, the division manager told us the only reason he wouldnt sign us off on as a Full time driver, was safety. I air drive on Saturdays, as well as sometimes on weekdays and i know that every little thing you do now, can make or break your chances once you do your 30 days. Learn the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary. Never forget them, because one day you may find yourself in trouble if you dont remember them....
if there sending a driver out with barely any or no area knowledge, thats their problem..
find out what the full time drivers in your center do in this situation. Supes a lot of time have no clue and just make up an answer to get you off their back whether its a right or wrong answer. And whos corporate gonna believe when the Supe who told you to do one thing says there was never a conversation between you and him? Id like to have peace of mind knowing i was doing the same as the full timers, that way your covered. You can ask 10 supervisors the same exact question, and you could get 6 or 7 different answere.... Lol sad but true!

BrownChoice

Re read my post... I was agreeing with you.
i said that would NOT be dishonesty...

unless by him, you mean supe... ;-)

i assure you, i am no supe and never will be.

PT Car Washer

I believe a lot of times the sups know the air is going to be late. Just get it out of the building and on a truck. That way their butt is covered and late air is the rookie PT air drivers fault.

BrownChoice

PT carwasher, i believe that also.

i really dont think late air is as big a deal as lots of naive people think it is. That doesnt mean not to do your best and not care. The center manager as well as the Supes will know if you try or not automatically..telematics.. Put forth an honest effort. Thats what i do and no ones ever said a word to me, yet. :-)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had what was a first for me yesterday regarding our NDA. They ran our Philly air before start time and then ran the Louisville air as we got on to the belt. The on-cars then came around and told us to deliver the Philly air on time and to run the Louisville air in trace as it had already been exception scanned. They told us (too late) not to update EDD, which most of us had already done by that time. I was able to get all of my air off on time but I found it frustrating that the air was here but we were told to run some of it off in trace.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had what was a first for me yesterday regarding our NDA. They ran our Philly air before start time and then ran the Louisville air as we got on to the belt. The on-cars then came around and told us to deliver the Philly air on time and to run the Louisville air in trace as it had already been exception scanned. They told us (too late) not to update EDD, which most of us had already done by that time. I was able to get all of my air off on time but I found it frustrating that the air was here but we were told to run some of it off in trace.
It's just looking good on paper to these guys. They don't care that there is a customer on the other end that paid good money.

Indecisi0n

I'm pretty much learning as I go. There was supposed to be a receiving dock but I couldn't find it (at a hospital). Lady at the front said due to construction go to the check in on the corner of the building. Did that and that's where I got the run around. Drove by on my way home. Found the receiving area. Which was not under construction. Oh well. I know now for next time. It's a learning process. Load the trucks. Go change and then I find out my stops. No advice no nothing, just get out of the buidling I'm told haha. UPS...
Nex time they send you somewhere else just sheet as not ready. Finish your airs then come back to that stop. As long as the first sheet was before 10:30 you can sheet it again any time after without it being late.

Nex time they send you somewhere else just sheet as not ready. Finish your airs then come back to that stop. As long as the first sheet was before 10:30 you can sheet it again any time after without it being late.
Just make sure that you sheet the 2nd attempt as duplicate. Or it comes up on the misdelivery report.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Doing this within 30 minutes of the first attempt will send up a red flag.
Who cares about a red flag. If the customer said that there was nobody here to sign for it, just tell them that you have other air commits before 10:30 and then you will return when someone is available to sign.

A red flag is better than a late air.

You were there on time to deliver the air. It is not our problem that there was nobody available who was allowed to sign for it.

Go deliver the other air on time and then come back to that stop.

A red flag is just something that management just needs to find out why. The GPS will show you at that stop. Your explanation of why you left, to make the commit time on your last air, will explain the red flag.

Problem solved.