Late air... As an air driver

SCV good to go sir.

They won't stop using you for one late air, but it is important to demonstrate that you can learn from your mistakes and improve. Trust me, I've caused many a facepalm for management for my shortcomings (some of which are truly derp in nature) and I still get called to drive.

Dr.Brownz

In my first year of driving (still working as a at the time PTer, just taking "extra work")/ I had atleast 20 late airs (5 in one day once), 3 accidents,mis-delivered atleast one or two stops a week. Went on to become a FT driver and now IDGAF

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We had what was a first for me yesterday regarding our NDA. They ran our Philly air before start time and then ran the Louisville air as we got on to the belt. The on-cars then came around and told us to deliver the Philly air on time and to run the Louisville air in trace as it had already been exception scanned. They told us (too late) not to update EDD, which most of us had already done by that time. I was able to get all of my air off on time but I found it frustrating that the air was here but we were told to run some of it off in trace.
We had something similar recently but they shuttled out the 2nd round of air after holding us for the first round. They told us something similar but being that they knew we would have lots of late air that day I just delivered the air I reasonably could then held off on the last couple of pieces until they shuttled out the rest and saved about an hour doing it that way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had something similar recently but they shuttled out the 2nd round of air after holding us for the first round. They told us something similar but being that they knew we would have lots of late air that day I just delivered the air I reasonably could then held off on the last couple of pieces until they shuttled out the rest and saved about an hour doing it that way.

My only concern was not knowing which air had been exception scanned and then potentially being on the hook for late air. This is why I just went ahead and ran straight air.

Re-Raise

In my first year of driving (still working as a at the time PTer, just taking "extra work")/ I had atleast 20 late airs (5 in one day once), 3 accidents,mis-delivered atleast one or two stops a week. Went on to become a FT driver and now IDGAF
Did I just read on another thread that you went from part-time to full-time in 6 months?? How did you not get DQ'd???