Late air

nocturnalbuck

our old management team would tell us to deliver everything in trace. our new managers say deliver everything you have on time and the late air in trace. with the exception of breaking off trace several miles on a rural route. if a customer REALLY REALLY needs the package they will call the center and meet the driver if need be or ask for an ETA. with our extended center i think a lot of customers just accept the fact that late air happens. they just can't figure out why on a sunny day. (neither can i)

old levi's

blank space
When I have late air brought to me, I run nothing but air until the normal commit time. Then, I try to deliver any remaining pieces as early as possible. Old school I guess, but I have a clear conscience with that course of action. I know I have done the best I can for our customers under difficult conditions.

upsman68

our old management team would tell us to deliver everything in trace. our new managers say deliver everything you have on time and the late air in trace. with the exception of breaking off trace several miles on a rural route. if a customer REALLY REALLY needs the package they will call the center and meet the driver if need be or ask for an ETA. with our extended center i think a lot of customers just accept the fact that late air happens. they just can't figure out why on a sunny day. (neither can i)

How about weather in other parts of the country affect you. Also mechanical breakdowns are our planes

What???
The customer, whether you like them or not, payed for a premium service and we as a company came up short.
Whether or not they get a refund is irrelevant.
You should absolutely break off immediately and deliver the package asap.
What gives you the right to validate its importance?
"Late air is late air"??? "It doesn't matter if it's 10:31 or 16:01"???
That's a screwed up way of looking at things.
You need to reevaluate your way of looking at this.
well maybe they should get the air, to the building on time. we are a logistics company. the world on time, but they cant get there own packages there on time?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
well maybe they should get the air, to the building on time. we are a logistics company. the world on time, but they cant get there own packages there on time?

I worry about doing my part.
It's the only part I have any control over.
Two wrongs don't make a right, let alone one wrong.
Don't be part of the problem.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I make every reasonable effort to deliver the late NDA's that have been shuttled out to me as soon as possible.

Depending upon the volume of late air and the time of day that I finally get it, I may be able to run it all off immediately, or I may have to deliver it on trace.

I use my best judgement. I have to factor in the needs of the businesses I deliver to, as well as the pickup accounts that must be serviced within a finite window of time.

We live in the Internet age, so most NDA customers have the ability to track their packages and contact the center to make alternate delivery arrangements. If they need it ASAP they have the ability to come to me.

porkwagon

When I have late air brought to me, I run nothing but air until the normal commit time. Then, I try to deliver any remaining pieces as early as possible. Old school I guess, but I have a clear conscience with that course of action. I know I have done the best I can for our customers under difficult conditions.
That's how I've always done it as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

This rarely happens where I'm at. When it has it's always been weather related so the NDAs weren't actually late. "Technically" anyway. We are told to run them on trace. So that's what I do.

DS

Fenderbender
When I had my recent 2 day ride along,it was like they were giving me my review.
He mentioned your late air frequency is a little high,when I asked,he did not know which ones were actually my fault.
I'm with upstate,and will go out of my way for nice people.
If a plane lands late it's not my fault,just my problem.