Late for work

UPS the punx

I was recently hired for peak season and have been loading for a week. On Friday I was 35 minutes late for work because my room mate blew a fuse by plugging in a heater to an overcrowded outlet and I lost power in my room, which killed my alarm clock. Luckily I woke up without my alarm. I had a voice mail message on my phone asking why I wasn't at work. I called him back on his personal cell number that he gave me. I told him the situation and he said don't worry about it and that it happens. I'm really worried because I'd like to get rehired after peak. I've been early every day besides this incident and have been working as hard as can. I even volunteered to be a driver helper to help me stand out as a hard worker. Am I totally screwed here or is there a chance I can still get rehired?

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Things like that do happen. Just based on your initial post, it sounds to me as though you have an excellent chance to be rehired. But get a battery powered alarm clock in the meantime.

UPS the punx

Definitely learned my lesson about having back up batteries in my alarm. I bought batteries for my clock the day it happened. I would have used a phone alarm but my girlfriend dropped my phone a couple of months ago and I haven't had sound since and don't have the money to buy a new one. Thanks for the responses, I've been freaking out about it. I've NEVER been late to work before and I really want to make a good impression.

wayfair

swollen member
Definitely learned my lesson about having back up batteries in my alarm. I bought batteries for my clock the day it happened. I would have used a phone alarm but my girlfriend dropped my phone a couple of months ago and I haven't had sound since and don't have the money to buy a new one. Thanks for the responses, I've been freaking out about it. I've NEVER been late to work before and I really want to make a good impression.

use your girlfriend's phone.. lol

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Nobody's perfect. IMO you did the right thing by calling your sup as soon as you realized you were late. As long as you communicate before walking in the building and it does not happen often you should have no worries as long as you work hard

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i walked out on my supe loading 5 trucks and called out at least once a week

now i send response-required messages to drivers even when i don't need a response!

:D

BrownArmy

i walked out on my supe loading 5 trucks and called out at least once a week

now i send response-required messages to drivers even when i don't need a response!

:D

I find myself wishing there was a "?" key on the DIAD...

As in, Response Acknowledged and Accepted, "?????????????".

opie

This time of year the start times are earlier. Some people come in late, because they may have school or work etc.