Late Freight day

Nolimitz

Yesterday our MEM flight was delayed for "some" reason so we started 45 mins later than scheduled. I believe the original plan was to wait and complete sort when MEM arrived. Around 9:45 Mgt. called sort down and decided to launch the station, to come back and resort at 11am. Oh joy!
Come to fine out that while we were still in the Bldg. our CSA/gatekeeper/mgt. flunky was tracking MEM on computer and it was on final approach. She brought this to mgt. attention only to get a 15 min lecture to mind her own business....
We left not know this fact
returned all local routes to building at 11am to start over.
left bldg. again around 12:15
zero help avail. did they call in any pt'ers hell no. Any managers on road. hell no.
At 3pm most of us quit delivering to focus on PUP's
6pm return to bldg. to drop out bound.
back on road till 8pm.
did not take a brk all day. let em write me up tomorrow I DO NOT GIVE A RAT's :censored2:.
sorry end of rant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You worked all day without a break?
Yeah right. Take your hour and 01 what you can't get off. Who cares.

A perfect WAD opportunity. You MUST take an hour break, no matter what, so take the break and let them deal with the DEX 01s. As Dirt Merchant says, "Who cares?". They certainly don't care about you. We also had very late freight yesterday and I brought back double-digit 01's and took my full break.

Nolimitz

We were told no DEX 01's everything had to have an attempt.
11.75 hrs no brk. friend'em
was told I was 3rd in line for help but no one had cleared.....

StuffItFred

Yesterday our MEM flight was delayed for "some" reason so we started 45 mins later than scheduled. I believe the original plan was to wait and complete sort when MEM arrived. Around 9:45 Mgt. called sort down and decided to launch the station, to come back and resort at 11am. Oh joy!
Come to fine out that while we were still in the Bldg. our CSA/gatekeeper/mgt. flunky was tracking MEM on computer and it was on final approach. She brought this to mgt. attention only to get a 15 min lecture to mind her own business....
We left not know this fact
returned all local routes to building at 11am to start over.
left bldg. again around 12:15
zero help avail. did they call in any pt'ers hell no. Any managers on road. hell no.
At 3pm most of us quit delivering to focus on PUP's
6pm return to bldg. to drop out bound.
back on road till 8pm.
did not take a brk all day. let em write me up tomorrow I DO NOT GIVE A RAT's :censored2:.
sorry end of rant.

Prelude and tester for seeing how the new 8pm resi will go. Anyone else see the writing on the wall. All hail fecal matter Freddy!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
40 years onward and late freight is more frequent than ever. What terrific progress this company has made.

Doc Sorting Dude

It sucks when they practically ask the whole crew to come back for the second sort. What happened to couriers bringing it out to us at a designated meet point? Gawd! I hate it when they ask us to stay out and finish.

STFXG

With all this talk about dex 01s it looks more and more like Grounds service is superior to what Express is accomplishing. I don't remember the last time I saw a truck with double digit failures come back to the building. That's including peak. And you wonder why sales would shift volume to Ground? Could it be that we actually deliver our packages? Better service? It sure sounds like it...

MAKAVELI

With all this talk about dex 01s it looks more and more like Grounds service is superior to what Express is accomplishing. I don't remember the last time I saw a truck with double digit failures come back to the building. That's including peak. And you wonder why sales would shift volume to Ground? Could it be that we actually deliver our packages? Better service? It sure sounds like it...
If Express could skirt dot laws, work with no lunch break, straightline every day, no same day pu, and falsify like Ground then we could provide that excellent service you provide.

Nolimitz

I had zero dex01 and the station only had dex01 on the domicile rtes that are over a 100 miles from the station. That shuttle was launched after the first sort. A number of couriers either stayed out or went back out again after dropping out bound freight at the station.

hypo hanna

If Express could skirt dot laws, work with no lunch break, straightline every day, no same day pu, and falsify like Ground then we could provide that excellent service you provide.
You forgot, working for mgrs that can set up a schedule, train a new hire, will maintain the vehicles. Managers that are available to answer a question and not hiding in their office or in a 6 hour peer meeting that accomplishes nothing. It is not the drivers who are the cause of deteriorating service.

Doc Sorting Dude

You can also put the onus on dispatchers. When you know you have a lot of dex 01 looming inform dispatch and have them send you help. That way the next morning when the try to get on your case you can say hey I warned dispatch. There is only so much one can do in a day.

FedEx916

You can also put the onus on dispatchers. When you know you have a lot of dex 01 looming inform dispatch and have them send you help. That way the next morning when the try to get on your case you can say hey I warned dispatch. There is only so much one can do in a day.

Isn't it sad that asking for help is merely a CYA move now?

​We have been explicitly told that under NO circumstances will dispatch send you help. If your truck breaks down, you're running behind or you break your leg, you are to inform your manager directly. And for two out of three, they will still expect you to finish the route unassisted. For the other (breakdown for those who are following along), they would expect you to trade your truck out after the tow and go back on road.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

If most of your frt. arrived by aircraft, you wouldn't be so superior.

StuffItFred

That is too hard for these ground gummy's to understand. They think EVERY station gets an airplane and we sit directly on the ramp. Nevermind all it takes is any kind of delay in Memphis and it can impact a vast majority of smaller market stations.
Then once the aircraft arrives at the ramp there is unloading, mini-sorts, truck loads, etc etc. On top of that trucking the freight to stations not located at the ramp. Can go on and on but for the sake of not confusing anyone probably best to stop at that. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They simply don't understand the Express operation. If a Ground truck is a no-show...big deal. We'll deliver it when it shows-up. Not so over here, and as someone else pointed-out, what if you are a satellite station not on the ramp? The vast majority of stations get their freight by CTV, so add-in that transit time to the equation. My favorite days are those when the plane is late and we have to return to the building and do a second sort, or during peak, where you might have to return twice. Oh, and don't have any lates, be safe, and take your full break. Right.

whenIgetthere

They simply don't understand the Express operation. If a Ground truck is a no-show...big deal. We'll deliver it when it shows-up. Not so over here, and as someone else pointed-out, what if you are a satellite station not on the ramp? The vast majority of stations get their freight by CTV, so add-in that transit time to the equation. My favorite days are those when the plane is late and we have to return to the building and do a second sort, or during peak, where you might have to return twice. Oh, and don't have any lates, be safe, and take your full break. Right.

Many stations are many miles from where the aircraft lands, my station is 90 miles from the airport. A late plane, then add an accident on the one of the freeway's on the way from the ramp, and sometimes we don't get our last CTV until after 1030, and on many occasion, after noon. Add to that, many of our extended routes start an hour from the station.