Late Freight Express

SuperHandler

Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are package handlers at our ramp. Late planes, belt backing up 24/7, and other excuses. The real question is, will the FedEx programmers stop smoking weed and fix the powerpads? Who knows...Late Freight Express: Where the purple kush promise is delivered daily.

SmithBarney

We have a ~95-97% late freight average since last peak. I think I can count on one hand how many times we left the building on time since last year.. Ad hoc almost everyday... Peak should be fun...

BigTex61

The only day our freight is ontime seems to be Mondays. Were screwed the rest of the week. Most days its at least an hour late, and a lot of times its 2 to 3 hours late.....And that's with good weather.

hypo hanna

But I saw Frontline yesterday and Matthew Thornton III said its all under control. A simple matter of adding a few extra flights and hiring a couple of hundred more drivers. Should be no problem getting them up to speed in 2 months. Until then the super happy well compensated established employees will go above and beyond making sure the customer is taken care of.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But I saw Frontline yesterday and Matthew Thornton III said its all under control. A simple matter of adding a few extra flights and hiring a couple of hundred more drivers. Should be no problem getting them up to speed in 2 months. Until then the super happy well compensated established employees will go above and beyond making sure the customer is gtaken care of.

LOFL!! I guess Matt is going to get another "education" this year. We are truly led by morons.

fedex_rtd

There is not a single solution to this problem. Management has painted this company into a corner with it's drive to raise the stock price and make the share holders happy. They have done this at the expense of the higher quality of customer service that we once provided to our customers.

Right now all they see is the cost savings of lower fuel usage, by using smaller aircraft they have met this goal, however since volume has returned to normal levels, it is obvious that by parking our MD10 and MD11 aircraft, we no longer have the volume, and many markets are not getting ALL of their freight on time, because many positions get bumped at the hubs and sit on the ground.

The company went out and purchased hundreds of new tractors for the AGFS division, this was NOT done to save fuel, but instead to meet CARB requirements in California. These tractors have good strong engines in them, but now the company has detuned them to the point that anytime you hit a hill with a load, your finding yourself down into 7th gear at times.

With the new tractors came a new Quadrant system that the company has installed to track the way the drivers operate the vehicles, in the past if the local hub or airport got the driver out a little late the driver would try to make up some time by driving up to 10mph above the posted speed limit, however now that the system sends a email alert to the drivers manager anytime the driver exceeds 62mph, the drivers are no longer willing to go above and beyond to support the DGO stations, ad this to the fact that the company took away the RTD's second and third shift pay, most drivers are now driving as slow as possible in order to extend their work day in order to max out overtime.

Management has caused these issues by having only the short view of keeping the stock price high to make the share holders and the talking heads in the glass house in Memphis rich and happy at the hourlies and customers expense!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There is not a single solution to this problem. Management has painted this company into a corner with it's drive to raise the stock price and make the share holders happy. They have done this at the expense of the higher quality of customer service that we once provided to our customers.

Right now all they see is the cost savings of lower fuel usage, by using smaller aircraft they have met this goal, however since volume has returned to normal levels, it is obvious that by parking our MD10 and MD11 aircraft, we no longer have the volume, and many markets are not getting ALL of their freight on time, because many positions get bumped at the hubs and sit on the ground.

The company went out and purchased hundreds of new tractors for the AGFS division, this was NOT done to save fuel, but instead to meet CARB requirements in California. These tractors have good strong engines in them, but now the company has detuned them to the point that anytime you hit a hill with a load, your finding yourself down into 7th gear at times.

With the new tractors came a new Quadrant system that the company has installed to track the way the drivers operate the vehicles, in the past if the local hub or airport got the driver out a little late the driver would try to make up some time by driving up to 10mph above the posted speed limit, however now that the system sends a email alert to the drivers manager anytime the driver exceeds 62mph, the drivers are no longer willing to go above and beyond to support the DGO stations, ad this to the fact that the company took away the RTD's second and third shift pay, most drivers are now driving as slow as possible in order to extend their work day in order to max out overtime.

Management has caused these issues by having only the short view of keeping the stock price high to make the share holders and the talking heads in the glass house in Memphis rich and happy at the hourlies and customers expense!
Memphis, I sure hope you're reading this. See where screwing people over and takeaways are getting you?

fedex_rtd

Our men flight did not arrive until 1400 today. Looks like tomorrow will be a nightmare. 38 positions forecast.....
How many of those 38 positions will be coming in at a ramp other than yours and getting trucked to you, and how many of those positions will sit at the hub, and be put on the day turn flight with the postal if there is room?

Artee

These tractors have good strong engines in them, but now the company has detuned them to the point that anytime you hit a hill with a load, your finding yourself down into 7th gear at times.

You must have one of the new longer nose freight shakers. They are gutless and cannot make it over an overpass without having to down shift. I have a new short nose and the power is fine, but still not as good as the conventional freight shaker they took from me to retire or ship to another part of the country.

As far as speeding to make up time that's just plain crazy. That's a hub or ramp problem. Don't make it yours. You get a speeding ticket and the freight doesn't make the flight because of that you are screwed. Keep the blame on the ramp/ hub or station. Don't shift it onto yourself. I set the cruise control at the speed limit and listen to the Thursday night football game. If I get to the ramp on time great. If I am late because the station got me out late and they are going to bump my freight, oh well. Don't talk to me. Talk to the station manager. I always make sure I cover my butt by making sure my dispatcher puts in an O1 delay for the correct time and I call my manager if its extremely late, just to cover myself. I remove the onus from me and make sure it gets placed where it belongs.

Our self reporting system is set for 70 mph and will email the managers at that point. The funny part is our trucks are governed at 65 mph. Unless you are heading down a good sized hill you won't hit 70 mph. If ours was set to 62 mph like yours I would be getting talked to everyday as I bobtail at 65 mph for 30 minutes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our men flight did not arrive until 1400 today. Looks like tomorrow will be a nightmare. 38 positions forecast.....

There is "no problem". Matt said they have it handled. By Peak, he will be hovering because his hands will be flapping so fast. His aides did tie them down, but he was so upset that he broke free. I hope he's wearing a straitjacket next time we see his sorry ass...in the unemployment line.

38 positions? You need to "step it up". What an effing joke this company has become. It is unraveling quicker every day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Which is why Express can't go union.
Ziiiiiing!
Real funny.jpg