Late Freight=Jockey start times

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Enjoy the snipe hunt!

It's not a hard concept to grasp. Management has the ability to change start times when the need arises. Trust me, management would rather not upset the obstinate widdle sensitive diva who has to make a federal case out of EVERYTHING, but sometimes start times need to be changed. You might consider being a grown-up about it.

Your late freight is not my issue when it comes to start times. Fredward pays me to be there at a certain time and I am. As a manager, you get paid regardless of when the hourlies start. You might consider being a grown-up about that since you don't lose a cent.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Enjoy the snipe hunt!

It's not a hard concept to grasp. Management has the ability to change start times when the need arises. Trust me, management would rather not upset the obstinate widdle sensitive diva who has to make a federal case out of EVERYTHING, but sometimes start times need to be changed. You might consider being a grown-up about it.
You're an idiot too. Being a grown up has nothing to do with this. You shouldn't tolerate being screwed over. Period.

Yes, and if I was your manager, you'd get a letter as well. And if you kept doing it, you'd keep getting letters until you got tired of playing games or you were fired. Either way, the problem would eventually be solved.
It'd be one sorry day if anyone made you a manager.

McFeely

Huge Member
Yes, you can. And you can be disciplined for it.

Serious question on this: can you really be disciplined for punching in at your scheduled start time and ignoring the "late freight" start time requested by your manager? At my station, our "snow phone" policy is to punch in at the late start time as requested by your manager OR punch in at your scheduled start time and do busy work.

I generally punch in at my scheduled start time and it pisses off my manager, but I have never received any discipline/letters for it. There are typically only 2 or 3 of us who do this, while the rest of the station (40 or so) come in later and miss out on their scheduled hours.

Do managers get some bonus based off of how little delay codes are entered on timecards or something?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Serious question on this: can you really be disciplined for punching in at your scheduled start time and ignoring the "late freight" start time requested by your manager? At my station, our "snow phone" policy is to punch in at the late start time as requested by your manager OR punch in at your scheduled start time and do busy work.

I generally punch in at my scheduled start time and it pisses off my manager, but I have never received any discipline/letters for it. There are typically only 2 or 3 of us who do this, while the rest of the station (40 or so) come in later and miss out on their scheduled hours.

Do managers get some bonus based off of how little delay codes are entered on timecards or something?

I always punch-in and do busy work like bad adds, pre-loading the belt etc. They know I'm coming in anyway, so I have them trained. you probably live in a state where "snow phones" aren't legal, so X has to allow you to start at your normal time.

Managers are told to screw employees out of minutes whenever possible.