Late freight

adhawk

Was anyone else told that Memphis lost power today. Everyone Had to come back to station after p1 for 2nd sort. Any ideas? I feel like it's all lies.

Bankrupt

I wish we had a 2nd sort. We started late and had a substantial 43. They told us to take a 30 in the building. I showed up on time clocked in and could've of delivered some of our customers freight on time that was from Indy. They'd rather push back everyone's start time and tell us to straight line. Cleaned out trucks for an hr, got my last p1 off after noon, took an hr break on road and clocked out w 3.5 over today.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can remember when we used to do all that we could, including line flights, to make sure any NDA which made it back to the building after the plane had taken off made service.

Not anymore; heck, NDA which is being returned to the shipper is sent back 3 Day Select.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I love how FDX can call a national service disruption because something got janked up on our end. I mean, we lose power, you don't get your money back.

Remember about 2 months ago we had a national service disruption because our "systems" went down in Mem, something that messed with the control towers and the planes couldn't take off?

whenIgetthere

They encouraged everyone here to go into 60 minute code 13 right after 4B4 yesterday. Sorry part is some did it. They couldn't find work for the rest of us, so I cleaned my truck out.

hypo hanna

They encouraged everyone here to go into 60 minute code 13 right after 4B4 yesterday. Sorry part is some did it. They couldn't find work for the rest of us, so I cleaned my truck out.
I slip back in the truck and start cleaning. (Slowly). No mgr has ever come back at me complaining that I didn't take the extra break.

fedex_rtd

Makes me wonder how real that power outage was....the night prior to the "power outage" we had a positive pull, because Memphis wanted the flights in as early as possible.