Late Planes Today?

oldngray

nowhere special
lcb-kazoo.gif

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why are they late so much. Is there bad weather in Memphis a lot?
Bad weather? Not nearly as much as they would like you to believe.

The ramp is most likely understaffed and Memphis doesn't care.

The engineers tell them that their spreadsheets say they don't need so many bodies which is exactly what Memphis wants to hear.

See?

overflowed

Of course there will be surges in volume during peak. Why wouldn't you guys start us earlier then? So these people get the service they paid for.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly, thanks.

You asked why "you guys won't start us earlier." You're the "us" in that sentence and I wanted to clarify what your position is. That's why I asked what you meant by "us." I don't know if you're being obstinate or are just easily confused, so who did you think should have started earlier?

overflowed

You asked why "you guys won't start us earlier." You're the "us" in that sentence and I wanted to clarify what your position is. That's why I asked what you meant by "us." I don't know if you're being obstinate or are just easily confused, so who did you think should have started earlier?
No, you're correct I'm being an ass. You all should just start us earlier during peak.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, you're correct I'm being an ass. You all should just start us earlier during peak.

The freight won't be there early, and it will be there late on the last couple of the heavy days. Starting couriers earlier won't do anything other than have them sitting around waiting on freight.

MAKAVELI

Whatever. You could start everyone a bit earlier no? Pilots, everyone.
They absolutely could start " everyone" earlier during peak to make operations run a smoother. But peak is purely a numbers game for upper management. It's all about squeezing as much volume through the system with the least amount of labor possible with complete disregard for customer service or its employees.