Late saver, buisness in a normal looking house in neighborhood

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was always told

House /resi .

But I can tell the diff between a real com in a resi and a "com" in a resi
We are told, if there is a bed in there, it's resi. If one lives there, then it's resi, even if part of it is a business.

MynameisNeigan

Some addresses have mixed usage like a nursery or a farm. If the package has the business name then I deliver the savers by 3pm. Otherwise it's a residential. Some apartment buildings have a leasing office in one of the apartments. That is a business

upschuck

Some apartment buildings have a leasing office in one of the apartments. That is a business
If person lives at the office, it is residential, if not, commercial.

From the UPS tariff pg 5
“Residential” refers to an address that is a home, including, but not limited to, a business operating out of a home. If an address can be construed as either Residential or Commercial, then it will be considered Residential.

opey

resi. same when those comm stops show up at the end of the route (which you arent familiar with), and they are closed and its after 5...

JL 0513

upstate was correct on this one."posted business hours"

Incorrect. Probably half the businesses I deliver to on any given route (cover driver) don't have posted hours, often because they are some type of industrial/manufacturing business where it's not a customer store front. Or even office buildings that don't serve customers. Can't argue that since there's no hours posted that these aren't businesses.

Sheeting those businesses not in residential will catch up with you eventually, not worth it.

Agreed. Always remember there's a lot more monitoring of anything air. Grounds don't have much eyes on them as there is just too much to monitor, but messing with air will eventually bite you in the rear. This is particularly true as of this year after compiling buisisness/residential information though the DIAD. Now, when you hit residential for a business the menu pops up asking for clarification. Now you have to clarify dishonestly to continue.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Incorrect. Probably half the businesses I deliver to on any given route (cover driver) don't have posted hours, often because they are some type of industrial/manufacturing business where it's not a customer store front. Or even office buildings that don't serve customers. Can't argue that since there's no hours posted that these aren't businesses.

Agreed. Always remember there's a lot more monitoring of anything air. Grounds don't have much eyes on them as there is just too much to monitor, but messing with air will eventually bite you in the rear. This is particularly true as of this year after compiling buisisness/residential information though the DIAD. Now, when you hit residential for a business the menu pops up asking for clarification. Now you have to clarify dishonestly to continue.
Recently I've delivered stuff to a residential house but the shipping label has the name of a church on it. When I DR it that screen pops up and I have been hitting "residential, no business"

So for some reason the system has a house listed as a commercial?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Recently I've delivered stuff to a residential house but the shipping label has the name of a church on it. When I DR it that screen pops up and I have been hitting "residential, no business"

It's smartstop 2.0 crap.
I get it every now and then at residentials. You go to release and it says No DR. Then when you stop complete as NI it wants to know if it's a business or residential. SMH, it's telling you no DR because it thinks it's a business.

After you big arrow down, if there's a #1 to the far left on the line above the tracking number, you can release.... if there's a #4, then it's actually a no DR residential.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's smartstop 2.0 crap.
I get it every now and then at residentials. You go to release and it says No DR. Then when you stop complete as NI it wants to know if it's a business or residential. SMH, it's telling you no DR because it thinks it's a business.

After you big arrow down, if there's a #1 to the far left on the line above the tracking number, you can release.... if there's a #4, then it's actually a no DR residential.
Ummmm whenever it does that I just hit the Relnum key and release it as a resi when it's actually a residential house.

I will have to look for the #1 or #4 from now on because I have never noticed it before

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ummmm whenever it does that I just hit the Relnum key and release it as a resi when it's actually a residential house.

I will have to look for the #1 or #4 from now on because I have never noticed it before
If it's a 4 then the residential is a no DR, most likely because there's been a claim on a package in the past. If it's a no DR for a legitimate reason and you release it, you could technically be on the hook if they file a claim on a "missing" package.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If it's a 4 then the residential is a no DR, most likely because there's been a claim on a package in the past. If it's a no DR for a legitimate reason and you release it, you could technically be on the hook if they file a claim on a "missing" package.
I see... All of the high claims addresses in our center have notes pop up in the diad so we know not to DR that address. Which sucks or those people because most of the time they aren't ever home and they have to drive to an access point to get their stuff lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see... All of the high claims addresses in our center have notes pop up in the diad so we know not to DR that address. Which sucks or those people because most of the time they aren't ever home and they have to drive to an access point to get their stuff lol
We've got a few neighborhoods around high schools and middle schools in bad areas, where every single house is no DR. School lets out and kids were having a field day with free stuff on their walk home. I'm not a fan of job destroying access points, but I'm glad for them in areas like that.

We've got a few neighborhoods around high schools and middle schools in bad areas, where every single house is no DR. School lets out and kids were having a field day with free stuff on their walk home. I'm not a fan of job destroying access points, but I'm glad for them in areas like that.
I've already have some customers having them directly shipped to the access point

clean hairy

addressed to a Student in a Dormitory at a College, resi, or Bus?
Though, another addressed to the Student at College, Mailroom, #12, Res, or Biz?

JL 0513

The system is still compiling this info, so they still pop up on some.

Once in a while, I'll see a business title on a package label that is shipped to a house. Perhaps a business owner shipping to their home. So the system sees this and flags as possible business and now you have to clarify. After a few times, it hopefully stops.