latest info from union meeting???

article22

Banned
Al our meeting My local informed us the original ups healthcare offer is still on the table and we will strike if its not removed. Any more words being passed around out there?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Al our meeting My local informed us the original ups healthcare offer is still on the table and we will strike if its not removed. Any more words being passed around out there?

I had more info than my local BA. Why? He says they don't tell him anything because the union knows he will tell us.

ups hero

[QUOTE

I had more info than my local BA. Why? He says they don't tell him anything because the union knows he will tell us.

Isn't that the point of their position..??
Maybe I'm wrong but I think a lot of us teamsters would like to know what is going on in theses big meetings. I check out the teamsters website daily and they only have it updated to the 8th. I would like to know what last week was about.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We are getting browned out again. Union is gonna get us a weak deal. Then pray we vote in. Hopefully we all pay attention. Better than the presidential elections.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are getting browned out again. Union is gonna get us a weak deal. Then pray we vote in. Hopefully we all pay attention. Better than the presidential elections.

I think the good part is most of the people that vote on our contract do pay attention.

greyhound

As a 32 year retired upser I have been though several contract negotiations. They are all full of rumors and tough talk. But we can not let this get to us. Hopefully we can get though this without an increase of cost in our health benefits and no give backs. Forward is the only way to go.

InsideUPS

Isn't that the point of their position..??
Maybe I'm wrong but I think a lot of us teamsters would like to know what is going on in theses big meetings. I check out the teamsters website daily and they only have it updated to the 8th. I would like to know what last week was about.

I believe our Union does itself more harm than good by keeping us uninformed. I DO realize that our Union MAY be under some type of legal sequester agreement with UPS in order to avoid serious financial ramifications from customer loss or Wall Street devaluation of stock........However...

WHY did our Union send out 1000's of flyers such as "BE In The Know Now".......Text UPS to 86466, IF they were never going to give us any updates? Regardless of what critics of TDU say...... TDU's / MakeUPSDeliver.org provides INFORMATION.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
very good point, maybe the 86466 refers to star gazing coordinates , or possible a psychic hotline number...

Maybe the 86466 refers to what we will be giving back if COLA isn't fixed after inflation kicks in. $86.466 per week, plus union dues!

Inthegame

I believe our Union does itself more harm than good by keeping us uninformed. I DO realize that our Union MAY be under some type of legal sequester agreement with UPS in order to avoid serious financial ramifications from customer loss or Wall Street devaluation of stock........However...

WHY did our Union send out 1000's of flyers such as "BE In The Know Now".......Text UPS to 86466, IF they were never going to give us any updates? Regardless of what critics of TDU say...... TDU's / MakeUPSDeliver.org provides INFORMATION.

Conference call is set for this Saturday for all stewards. Check TDU website for details.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I've been suspecting this for a while and it's only conjecture, but setting up the mobile update system with members subscribing would go ahead and have a ton of people linked up in case of a labor action.. granted, IBT should at least be texting out an update once a week even if there's little substance: "Negotiations wrap up this week in Tampa with UPS' health care proposal still on the table", etc.

I don't need a Twitter update every time hall rips a fart, but a few shreds from an official source would go a long way to put a dent in TDU's argument.