Latest pay raise rumor

Keystone

This is humorous to me, because when I was still employed at Fedex, I specifically asked my manager if we were going to get a raise, and less than a week before it came down that the hour employees were not going to get their raise, he said, "I haven't heard anything different, and we got our raise earlier this month so I'm sure you will."....LOL! Don't believe what you hear from management!!! Like I need to say that....you all already should know this!!!

I was fired for falsification for asking directions to two stops....check my earlier posts from July. Well, guess what....I live in Texas which unbeknownst to me until now, this is one of the HARDEST places to get unemployment. After being denied initially, I filed an appeal and after a court tribunal, which involved me being able to ask my former manager questions in front of the judge, the decision was reversed and I have been receiving unemployment from the date I was wrongfully terminated.

My former manager is new, and in my opinion, was simply trying to make a name for himself.

With all that said, don't let them fool you....they GOT THEIR RAISE, and will do anything to make themselves look good to upper management. They are simply playing the hand they themselves have been dealt. Sad really....

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
While I did not hear it directly from any manager, 2 different sources told me they did receive raises earlier this year. This must be one of the best kept secrets ever.

If this was a kool-aid drinking manager I would agree with you, but this is a disgruntled and seriously over-worked manager who is still pissed he/she didn't get the buyout. Some managers are stuck and counting down to retirement like the rest of us long time employees. I don't know about bonuses, will have to ask.

Myort

I thought manager's raises were given on Jan. 1. I remember in December of 2008, when Fred S made the big announcement of cuts (401k, 5% management pay reductions, etc) our manager said he normally got his raise at beginning of year. He told us the 5% cut amounted to 3 years of raises, since his last 2 raises were wiped out and his raise due soon was cancelled.