Latest takeaway

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Onlinebully832, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Onlinebully832

Onlinebully832 New Member

Got my second safe driver award recently since being at express. For the first one years ago, I was able to choose from a list of prizes. This time around though, was told by management the prizes were taken away. Got a cool plaque though! Lol
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Ground Schmuck

Ground Schmuck New Member

I got a plaque about 10 years ago for something. Threw it in the garbage can and went on my way.
  3. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

The "prizes" were junk anyway, you're not really missing anything.
  4. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

That and a buck fifty nine will get you a bitter tasting cup of coffee at the convenience store.
  5. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

They can use those "prizes" for toilet paper.
  6. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Told a guy at my current station I haven't accepted an award in over 10 years. Should've seen the shocked look.
  7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

When gold was high, a lot of people sold their old safe driving awards. I no longer accept anything from the company except a check.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They did away with our safe driving and years of service awards for other than milestone years (5 year increments).
  9. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

I don't need, or want, their Cracker Jack prizes.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

This was the "Cracker Jack prize" that I received for my 25 years of service award.
  11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You could buy the same bike at Walmart for 99 bucks.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Looks more like $59.
  13. BigWork13

BigWork13 Member

Jesus. You people will really complain about anything.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Sweet huffy Dan...go take a long ride off a short cliff.
  15. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

My reward for doing my job correctly and safely is a paycheck and awesome benefits. And occasionally stale donuts when we go a month without an incident.
  16. 12yearsaslave

12yearsaslave Member

I am on the Ground side, just curious what would be considered a good compensation for a year of safe driving for you guys.
  17. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

100$ cash. What a nice contractor may give you? 20$ gift card. What you will probably get? Nothing
  18. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

You need to be more specific on whether you are talking about a total years worth of compensation or just a years worth of safe driving. If it's for a year of safe driving that value is whatever the contractor thinks it's worth. Many of them will simply say that that specific value is factored into your daily pay. Other words don't expect anything in the way of meaningful compensation. The best thing he can do for you is to specifically mention your safe driving record on a letter of recommendation you can take with you to your next job interview.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

They claim the retail value was $250 but it should be closer to $150.

It's actually a very good bike that I use a lot.
  20. 12yearsaslave

12yearsaslave Member

The question was to the drivers: What do YOU think would be a worthy reward for you for a year of safe driving.