Latest takeaway

Got my second safe driver award recently since being at express. For the first one years ago, I was able to choose from a list of prizes. This time around though, was told by management the prizes were taken away. Got a cool plaque though! Lol

bacha29

Got my second safe driver award recently since being at express. For the first one years ago, I was able to choose from a list of prizes. This time around though, was told by management the prizes were taken away. Got a cool plaque though! Lol
That and a buck fifty nine will get you a bitter tasting cup of coffee at the convenience store.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Told a guy at my current station I haven't accepted an award in over 10 years. Should've seen the shocked look.

When gold was high, a lot of people sold their old safe driving awards. I no longer accept anything from the company except a check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't need, or want, their Cracker Jack prizes.

701524.jpg

This was the "Cracker Jack prize" that I received for my 25 years of service award.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
My reward for doing my job correctly and safely is a paycheck and awesome benefits. And occasionally stale donuts when we go a month without an incident.

bacha29

I am on the Ground side, just curious what would be considered a good compensation for a year of safe driving for you guys.
You need to be more specific on whether you are talking about a total years worth of compensation or just a years worth of safe driving. If it's for a year of safe driving that value is whatever the contractor thinks it's worth. Many of them will simply say that that specific value is factored into your daily pay. Other words don't expect anything in the way of meaningful compensation. The best thing he can do for you is to specifically mention your safe driving record on a letter of recommendation you can take with you to your next job interview.

12yearsaslave

You need to be more specific on whether you are talking about a total years worth of compensation or just a years worth of safe driving. If it's for a year of safe driving that value is whatever the contractor thinks it's worth. Many of them will simply say that that specific value is factored into your daily pay. Other words don't expect anything in the way of meaningful compensation. The best thing he can do for you is to specifically mention your safe driving record on a letter of recommendation you can take with you to your next job interview.
The question was to the drivers: What do YOU think would be a worthy reward for you for a year of safe driving.