Latest takeaway

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You guys just don't get it. It's not about the gift/award. It's about the way that you carry yourself, especially in front of your younger co-workers.

A few months I was recognized for having the fewest number of backs for the previous day. I was given a pair of low cut UPS socks. I don't like the low cut ones but that didn't stop me from shaking my on-car's hand and saying "thank you". I then handed the socks to one of my co-workers who does like wearing the low cut ones.

As I said, I couldn't care less if you tossed the award in to a trash can on your way to your van. I do care that you show your senior the respect that he/she deserves by shaking their hand and saying "thank you".
Yeah, just like the same respect they show us when they lie on a continual basis.

By The Book

No, the traditional pension was better than your portable pension. There's a large group of couriers in the middle who's traditional pension was cut short, replaced by the portable pension. At the same time although many in that group put in 12-17 years their pay was always held down, never allowed to catch the older topped out guys who made considerably more(and no problem with them here, just the company). Under the new plan if they hang in there they'll reach top pay after around 20-25 years. But someone starting today will do it in 10 years. And more power to them. It's just frustrating that many of us have worked so long for much less pay and smaller pensions.
@Route 66 feels that the new guys will receive a smaller pension, and the way I read your post you're saying the veterans receive a smaller pension.

vantexan

@Route 66 feels that the new guys will receive a smaller pension, and the way I read your post you're saying the veterans receive a smaller pension.
Read my post again. The senior guys who got the full 25 years on their traditional pension while being on higher pay will do much better than newhires on the new pension. The guys in the middle who put in quite a few years under the traditional pension won't get as good a pension because they didn't get top out pay for a full 25 years, or even 20+ years. Plus they were put into the new lesser pension at a later age and won't have the time or pay to make up the difference. If you are in your 20's at least you'll have better pay in a halfway reasonable time. And more power to you. Do yourself a favor and fund your 401k as much as possible with that extra money.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You pretend like local management has a say in anything. Acting like a bunch of babies towards other employees just trying to get by.
Go tell your manager he doesn't have a say in anything and then let us know what his response was.

And in the meantime.......
3836937_orig.jpg

STFXG

Go tell your manager he doesn't have a say in anything and then let us know what his response was.

And in the meantime.......
3836937_orig.jpg
I do it all the time and then reference my contract. I'm not the one throwing a tantrum over my choice of employment.

Exec32

Yeah, they slowed pay progression to a trickle, took away our traditional pension, made our healthcare too expensive to use, but we're supposed to act all appreciative for the little trinkets they give us to show how much they care. Right.
Yeah you know like,,,,slaves did before they were sent back out to the fields, or young Vietnam vets did before being drafted, or woman did before being recognized to vote,,,,,where is your APPRECIATION!!