Latest takeaway

SmithBarney

Same happened to me a few years back. My manager kept harassing me to order something. Finally ordered the dumbest thing I could find (a cutting board that was half the size of a regular sized cutting board.) It was kinda fun watching my manager try to play up this tiny cutting board as some huge benefit to us.
I just got one of the new "AWARDS" what a friend'ing joke first of all the lower years will get a acrylic plaque with circle years to put "gold'ish" coins... so say you are at 18yr, you'll get a 18yr coin, and 16, 17 are empty... looks stupid and people will ask were you not safe those years... ;)

FedEx made the bold statement that people just weren't interested in the gifts....
I'd much rather a cheap 5dollar watch or tool set or a chincy gift rather than a dust collector, that does nothing, I have no office to display it, maybe we should just hang them on the wall of the bathroom at the station.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mean he didn't make a scene during your morning meeting?

You've been spoiled for so long that your set has withdrawn back into your body. UPS wouldn't dare treat you like we are at FedEx....trash.

You're too big of a wuss to show your displeasure to management for an insulting award that is worthless.

BootsOnTarmac

Trinkets of service are just a joke for years of service. A monetary reward is all we want and need. My family cares little about my di-cast fedex stickered airplane in my garage. Maybe someday my kids can sell it in a garage sale for a buck. At the very least give me some stock to watch it rise and fall.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Alrighty. Do y'all want to see the latest pathetic "award" given by FedEx? A manager friend told me there is a Director's Award every month. I didn't ask if there is one winner per station or per district. Regardless, he said they used to give a nice Fedex jacket. Then they gave a FedEx hoodie. Then a FedEx golf shirt. THIS is what they give now. LMAO! How pathetic is this? He said he's embarrassed to hand them to the guy who won them.
image.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You've been spoiled for so long that your set has withdrawn back into your body. UPS wouldn't dare treat you like we are at FedEx....trash.

You're too big of a wuss to show your displeasure to management for an insulting award that is worthless.

....or I was raised to say "thank you" even if I thought the gift was a piece of crap...

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
....or I was raised to say "thank you" even if I thought the gift was a piece of crap...
As was I, but this so-called "award" is just so assininely ridiculous that it's difficult not to feel we're being made fools of.

I just picture those who are responsible for this joke all sitting around laughing their collective asses off like they're "entertaining" cats with a laser pointer.

So I said "thanks" for mine, but I also prefaced it with a long drawn out "geeeee-wizzzzz".

Ungrateful? - guilty as charged, your honor.

vantexan

Alrighty. Do y'all want to see the latest pathetic "award" given by FedEx? A manager friend told me there is a Director's Award every month. I didn't ask if there is one winner per station or per district. Regardless, he said they used to give a nice Fedex jacket. Then they gave a FedEx hoodie. Then a FedEx golf shirt. THIS is what they give now. LMAO! How pathetic is this? He said he's embarrassed to hand them to the guy who won them.View attachment 94106
I haven't laughed that hard in awhile! I read your post to my wife before showing the picture. She liked to hurt herself laughing.