Laughable union meetings

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Last loal union meeting was told locals holding out we're being unreasonable and asking for way more than any other local for things like 3 more optional sick/vacation days than rest of us. Seems to me our own union is trying to turn us against each other. Sad.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I hope you don't mean a Democrat prosecuting an IBT president?

No more mean Libs. Now they just talk a good game and let jobs go overseas just like the other party. But don't worry, they will vote for Food Stamps to show they care.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Our own union is not only fighting for members but also it's own existence in an increasingly non union environment.
I also feel that my local is negotiating against us. As far as fighting for their existence, they seem to be doing quite well for themselves with $500,000 salaries for some and close to 2 million in salaries for the whole lot of them. Which I might add is starting to reek of a money grab. When they refuse to acknowledge the issues members bring to them, it's apparent our best interests are NOT being served by the present leadership and the time for change is now

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Last loal union meeting was told locals holding out we're being unreasonable and asking for way more than any other local for things like 3 more optional sick/vacation days than rest of us. Seems to me our own union is trying to turn us against each other. Sad.
Don't turn against each other, hold them accountable. Voice your displeasure every time you see them. Let them know their job is NOT secure when they fail to represent honorably. They sure have gotten " high and mighty" as of late and it doesn't bode well for their job security. Just about anyone else looks better right now!!!

Inthegame

I also feel that my local is negotiating against us. As far as fighting for their existence, they seem to be doing quite well for themselves with $500,000 salaries for some and close to 2 million in salaries for the whole lot of them. Which I might add is starting to reek of a money grab. When they refuse to acknowledge the issues members bring to them, it's apparent our best interests are NOT being served by the present leadership and the time for change is now
Negotiating against you...care to back that up with some facts? I didn't think so.