Lawsuit

tieguy

Banned
pissedoffmanager;410944 people like her should be fired said:
As a center manager you are responsible for training and developing these supervisors. You therefore have to take your share of the responsibility for their performance.

Your attitude indicates that you did not value their contributions and considered them expendable. Yet you complain when others tell you make drivers expendable. There does seem to be a contradiction of personal philosophy here.

Did you ever think the problem really is that you just weren't cut out for the challenges of being a manager?

tieguy

Banned
Actually Cardboard-n-Asphalt is not too far off. While management should get some credit for trying to keep costs down they aren't out there drumming up business like a driver is expected to. All he said is that most of them generate zero revenue. :peaceful:

I never understood why you guys didn't fight to get one of these do nothing jobs.

tieguy

Banned
Drewed if we the drivers walked into work tomorrow and no one was there, (management) we would be able to load the package cars, go out and deliver the packages, do our everyday pickups and return back to the building and probably a little more efficent.

But now if management came into work and the drivers were not there, than what?

Heck why not take it a step further Red . Lets eliminate management at the union hall. All of the drivers could do a much better job of negotiating their own wages and enforcing the contract they really don't need you in your union management role or any of the office workers sitting on their asses down at the hall.

Or did you forget you and the guys that run your local are all management too?.....:)

BrownSuit

But now if management came into work and the drivers were not there, than what?"

Drewed, you have to agree with him here. Without the service providers, there is very little service to provide to our customers.

I've heard some in management brag about how they made it through the strike, that's useless and so is thinking that we could go without the drivers, loaders, sorters, etc, etc.

You can hire people off the street only so long, UPS has invested thousands of dollars in training each person, they aren't exactly going to throw that away. Not to mention the relationship that each person has with their driver/service provider. That relationship is surprisingly strong and can often keep a customer when nothing else will.

So time to show greater appreciation for these folks.

drewed

Shankman
Actually Brownsuit I started off saying no UPSer is needed more than any other, management, pilots, loaders, drivers we're all intricate to operations everyday. Could we survive for a limited time without one group? Probably for a little while, things would fall apart shortly there after. But to say management persons are worthless and uneeded is just as wrong as saying service providers,loaders, or pilots are worthless and uneeded.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Who cares about what happens to him! How did you get that video?? Where you in the closet while they were bumping uglies??

705red

Browncafe Steward
Heck why not take it a step further Red . Lets eliminate management at the union hall. All of the drivers could do a much better job of negotiating their own wages and enforcing the contract they really don't need you in your union management role or any of the office workers sitting on their asses down at the hall.

Or did you forget you and the guys that run your local are all management too?.....:)
From what i hear this is true down in your neck of the woods, people cant tell who is management and who sre union reps.

Here you can tell, the union reps are the ones telling the sups to put down their work!

pretzel_man

I am a former manager with UPS, I quit on 9/3 and am now considering filing a lawsuit, since they have refused to pay me anything for money earned while I still worked there. I have one month of pay they are refusing to honor, and I am going to consult my lawyer tomorrow to start filing. UPS is one of the most dishonest companies I have ever worked for, and frankly, how they stay in business blows my mind. Maybe it is just the part of the country where I worked, but I was actually told by district and division managers to find reasons to fire certain drivers! I now see how this company is actually run, and I for one will expose the people at least in this area for who they truly are. Our dispatch manager has told me that she has purposely altered GTS numbers so her DPS and DMS numbers are better, and she can still get a good "rate-n-rank," (this I can prove, and I did try to fire her, but since she was sleeping with my boss, it didn't happen, I can also prove that...with video.) people like her should be fired, along with half of the useless pt management that UPS employs. They do nothing except waste space and yell, at least here. I was a center manager for 5 years, the worst 5 years of my life. UPS has contributed to insomnia, alcholic intake, and even my divorce, each of these things I can prove as directly related to this useless company, I will one day soon be a majority stock owner once my lawyer gets the filings done.

Sorry, but I just don't know how I can believe you...

Here's why:

- You quit shortly before getting MIP?? You only had to wait 2 months to get your MIP. Even with the 1/2 being deferred, you would have giving up a chunk of money. Don't buy it.

- Your district manager AND division manager told you to find reasons to fire people?? Don't buy it.

- Someone altered GTS numbers to fix DPS and DMS? First, what numbers would you alter. Second, GTS has nothing to do with making DPS or DMS numbers better. Don't buy it.

- A manager sleeping with a division manager. Okay, I can believe that.

- Useless p/t supervisors. If you were a manager, you would know that you had a direct relationship with their effectiveness. You would basically be saying that you were the cause. Again, don't buy it.

This is a made up assertion, and its funny how others just took this to be fact without question.

p-Man

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
pman

while i still think he is a troll and nothing more, i did find it interesting that he had the ability and time to video all the shortcomings of everyone else around him but of course he had none.

i also must agree with your statement about the part time sups. every building i ever spent time in was a reflection on how the center manager ran the show. never thought about it that way, but it is very true.

d

pretzel_man

pman

while i still think he is a troll and nothing more, i did find it interesting that he had the ability and time to video all the shortcomings of everyone else around him but of course he had none.

i also must agree with your statement about the part time sups. every building i ever spent time in was a reflection on how the center manager ran the show. never thought about it that way, but it is very true.

d

Danny,

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where he actually posted a video. He says he has video....

The only video he he mentions is of two management people together it seems....

If I were to bet, he is NOT a management person at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he does have video of two management people going out.

P-Man

The OP is surely a troll, no bout a doubt it. But, evidently he knows someone in management pretty well. Even though he got some of the specifics screwed up he knew enough to throw out the , "MIP... GTS numbers to fix DPS and DMS" terms. I've been with the company for 23 years, have been close friends with many management people in the past and have never even heard of those terms. I guees the MIP is relating to the stock bonuses that management recieves. Utter than that I gots no clue.

tieguy

Banned
From what i hear this is true down in your neck of the woods, people cant tell who is management and who sre union reps.

Here you can tell, the union reps are the ones telling the sups to put down their work!

Actually we keep our stewards away from the coffee and donuts and actually make them work. :wink2:

You'd be spending less time in the office with me. :happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Actually we keep our stewards away from the coffee and donuts and actually make them work. :wink2:

You'd be spending less time in the office with me. :happy-very:
Actually tie by getting to know you aover the last couple of years i have a feeling we would be in your office alot....... handling grievnaces because you believe its ok to violate the contract at will.

We dont get coffee and donuts here, as i was leaving the building today you couldnt even get a soda, because all the vending machines had been removed.