Layoffs in I.S.

nervIS

What's the story behind the contract with Accenture and the pressure on BA's hired under the pre-2000 change to the retirement plan to leave or be pip'd out? Heard there were terminations that fit this profile who had many years in. I was told it's part of the global plan, but that doesn't seem right.

This is ok with me. Have you seen the number of initiatives in the Enterprise Release this time around? There is way more BA's than initiatives.

If cutting the fat has to start at the bottom, then that is where it has to start. Sooner or later a PL or two will have to go as well (we could probably absorb a little of this now :wink2:)

BA's, due to the nature of the work, have a little more insulation against the Great Global Sourcing Satan than your app developer.

If you want an answer to this, ask your Systems Manager. I don't promise the truth, just an answer.

It could get worse; maybe the MIP will be awarded in turkey coupons!

MIPMASTER

I love the MIP in turkey coupons comment.....good stuff but at the same time very depressing.

Back to Global Development..........You are right about the BAs being insulated. I think we need to evaluate the value of the work product produced by that group versus the ROI. I work in Louisville and I would say very confidently 50% of the BA group provides very little value. Having said that, our user reps are average at best.

storm4

I don't believe that any group is truly insulted. When thrown into the mix at the 11th hour and expected to pull a rabbit out of a hat with no background information, what can we expect to happen. Seems the last couple of years have all been a set-up for what is transpiring now. Hind-sight is always 20:20.