Layoffs & Reduction of staff ( Return Clerks ) At 43rd St Building NYC

U

upsman39

Its not the fault of the current 804 slate (row b) its the fault of the old slate not having proper language to protect the members. So dont blame the new slate, they got handed a big mess.............. And im not one of the clerks that got laidoff or transfered. I have enough years to stay, but the other co-worker clerks are getting a big screwing

local804

I heard in manhattan south they have non union car wash and non union porters all over the building and full timers are laid off? And as for the suits that are saying how weak 804 is ,, worry about your back first walking alot of suits out of there lately , heard about Howie K , he was a division mang with 34 years just went back and cried for his job , heard hes going to be a sup at melville ,, upper brass knew they were going to can him but waited till the buyouts ended then gave him the axe great company... 34 years of bleeding brown , lol

They have non union porters in Maspeth also. Ask the old Business Agent Tony working out of Foster what happened with that one. Maybe Howie is going to replace the Ipod thief :)

tieguy

Banned
I heard in manhattan south they have non union car wash and non union porters all over the building and full timers are laid off? And as for the suits that are saying how weak 804 is ,, worry about your back first walking alot of suits out of there lately , heard about Howie K , he was a division mang with 34 years just went back and cried for his job , heard hes going to be a sup at melville ,, upper brass knew they were going to can him but waited till the buyouts ended then gave him the axe great company... 34 years of bleeding brown , lol

I doubt a divison manager is now a sup. But its possible I suppose. We do demote people who we feel aren't doing the job. Kind of like you guys did in your elections a couple of years ago?

UPSSOCKS

A division manager just got sent to a center manager here.

Here's what you don't understand... They keep the same pay. If you were in your 50's and someone told you, that you were going to be demoted and keep the same pay, would you really care? At that point in your career you aren't going to advance much more. It's not like UPS is demoting 35 year old guys and cutting their wages...... This shake up is nothing more than a bunch of talk...

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Here's what you don't understand... They keep the same pay. If you were in your 50's and someone told you, that you were going to be demoted and keep the same pay, would you really care? At that point in your career you aren't going to advance much more. It's not like UPS is demoting 35 year old guys and cutting their wages...... This shake up is nothing more than a bunch of talk...

I see deeper than your observation.
If a Division Manager is demoted, it will be at the starting rate for that position. This is what has happened with "demoted" people so far starting in 2009. It use to be that there was no cut in pay but they would be "red-circled' with no raises until they reached the top of the new pay band.
A person's retirement is based on their best consecutive 5 years out of their last ten. Lights starting to come on? This will reduce the payout to this ex-division manager over the life of his retirement and UPS's liability in the funding of the Pension Plan now.
It is not as inconsequential as you may suspect Socks.

UPSSOCKS

If a Division Manager is demoted, it will be at the starting rate for that position. This is what has happened with "demoted" people so far starting in 2009. It use to be that there was no cut in pay but they would be "red-circled' with no raises until they reached the top of the new pay band.
A person's retirement is based on their best consecutive 5 years out of their last ten. Lights starting to come on? This will reduce the payout to this ex-division manager over the life of his retirement and UPS's liability in the funding of the Pension Plan now.

Ok you are right.. I am wrong....

tieguy

Banned

+1

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tell yourself what you need to in order to live with your demotion! LOL

upsers22.3

Its not the fault of the current 804 slate (row b) its the fault of the old slate not having proper language to protect the members. So dont blame the new slate, they got handed a big mess.............. And im not one of the clerks that got laidoff or transfered. I have enough years to stay, but the other co-worker clerks are getting a big screwing

well said,just like they said this is the best contract ever.

AcesUp804

the reason the division manager came back crying after he put his foot in his mouth is because he was going to loss 33% ( not sure on that number ) of his pension because he was fired and his medical. when you are demoted you keep your salary for 1 year then it goes down to the level you are at.

RoyalFlush

One of Them

Their base salary remains the same until January. If it is above the pay grade for their demoted level, their base pay is reduced to the new position level. The MIP, stock options and other percs are immediately reduced to the lower level position. There is a big difference in the overall compensation of division manager compared to a center manager level position.

tellthetruth

Not true.. The problem is that people don't read the CBA. If they did...They would have realize that the company is within its right... Thanks to Howie and the bogus!.....lack of clear language...