Layoffs to come?

lenard

Hey. UPSers, have anyone heard of any news on or experienced layoffs in your county? what jobs are affected? so far what I have known is the aircraft mechanics in US...would that happen in China? we have some rumous here in China.:sick:
i'm from Sheffield in little old England and we've been told that at the minute there is a pay freeze for all office staff but no threat of layoffs. volume is down but all our p80's are full every morning and so is my little p47 (3.5 ton).:wink2:

atatbl

ches,I respect you as a person,but I believe what we disagree on is basic freedom.I also believe that not everyone in China is as patriotic as you are.In 1989 your communist party showed its true colors resulting in the deaths of 2000-3000 students and intellectuals.Maybe you missed this video.(If they let you watch it)
YouTube - TankMan - Tiananmen Square Protests (with John Lennon)

LMAO! Are you serious? You equate his/her government to that? It would take about five seconds for me (or anyone) to find a much worse video of US soldiers doing much worse things. Get past your generation's ideas of "right". Technology, partially, allows us to see the truth.

The thought that any 'type' of government inherently makes it better or worse (regarding war crimes) than any other is ignorant and old think. I hesitate to even call it old think. Only because the majority of people that felt that way could still admit EVERY government commits horrendous acts. You, apparently, are the exception. Move on. You post Tiananmen Square?!??! Are you kidding? You are aware the US has been in 6 conflicts since then that have made 'ground breaking' video graphed news, aren't you? In all of those conflicts, there is now public footage of things comparable. Ironically, 2 of them involve tanks.

As a veteran, I am ashamed I fought for someone so close-minded, so simple and so ignorant to able to share the same hemisphere as me.

PS- You are from Canada. Just stop. You should lose the argument via being from Canada. I would laugh at you even insinuating that you know what fighting for ANYTHING is, least of all your country; however, your snipers may possibly be the finest the world has ever seen. Unfortunately for me; the ability, fortitude, and self-decency of those 200 or so men outweigh my disdain for your ignorance.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
LMAO! Are you serious? You equate his/her government to that? It would take about five seconds for me (or anyone) to find a much worse video of US soldiers doing much worse things. Get past your generation's ideas of "right". Technology, partially, allows us to see the truth.

The thought that any 'type' of government inherently makes it better or worse (regarding war crimes) than any other is ignorant and old think. I hesitate to even call it old think. Only because the majority of people that felt that way could still admit EVERY government commits horrendous acts. You, apparently, are the exception. Move on. You post Tiananmen Square?!??! Are you kidding? You are aware the US has been in 6 conflicts since then that have made 'ground breaking' video graphed news, aren't you? In all of those conflicts, there is now public footage of things comparable. Ironically, 2 of them involve tanks.

As a veteran, I am ashamed I fought for someone so close-minded, so simple and so ignorant to able to share the same hemisphere as me.

PS- You are from Canada. Just stop. You should lose the argument via being from Canada. I would laugh at you even insinuating that you know what fighting for ANYTHING is, least of all your country; however, your snipers may possibly be the finest the world has ever seen. Unfortunately for me; the ability, fortitude, and self-decency of those 200 or so men outweigh my disdain for your ignorance.

We've missed you atatbl.
By the way, which one of those "t" stands for tolerance?

browniehound

Around here "Sunrise" is differentiated from "Preload". Sunrise is a hub sort. We have (at least 1) building that has both a Sunrise and a Preload running concurrently, probably came about when the Night sort was elimanated, as the Sunrise sends preload loads to outlying centers.

Thanks Hondo for the clarification. Its interesting that there is a hub sort at "sunrise" in CA. Here in MA, the hub sorts are day,twilight and midnight before the pre-load.

It just sounds so attractive to my cold butt here in MA to hear of a "sun rising" LOL.

colleenkslife

colleenkslife
Our center has layed off more than 25 people!!! Im an International Auditor who got layed off after returning from my vacation:dissapointed: I believe the full time drivers who have been layed off are bumping the lesser senioity parttimers. I have been put "on call" and am wondering if I would be able to recieve unemployment benefits during the "on call"?:sad-very: Cant wait to return to work my kids are hungry and I have bills to pay too:sad-very:

Next week will be the fourth week in a row that I've been laid off, and I've been driving for over a year. We probably have about 15 drivers in my center who are laid off this week ,and I only have 5 drivers under me in seniority. Any ideas how long this is going to last.

NJDriver08648

I'm a New Jersey driver they "Laid off" 5 guys are building But all the really did was put them on preload 4 hours in the am & then $ hours at night unloading trucks. They still get their drivers rate for loading & unloading..

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm a New Jersey driver they "Laid off" 5 guys are building But all the really did was put them on preload 4 hours in the am & then $ hours at night unloading trucks. They still get their drivers rate for loading & unloading..

Better than being really laid off but that's got to be hard on the body, mind and family.

yep what hoaxster said, just be glad you (we) have that option of bumping back in the building, theres alot of folks without employment period. lets all just hope this thing turns around and everything gets back to normal.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you were able to compile a list of ALL war crimes and acts of violence governments have committed on their citizens I'm 100% sure that our (U.S.) list would be rather shorter than China's and most others country's. DS's comment wasn't about being stuck in the Tiananmen Square era. It was about cold hard facts. The rather long list of facts that I just mentioned.

If you were able to compile a list of ALL war crimes and acts of violence governments have committed on their citizens I'm 100% sure that our (U.S.) list would be rather shorter than China's and most others country's. DS's comment wasn't about being stuck in the Tiananmen Square era. It was about cold hard facts. The rather long list of facts that I just mentioned.

And all those crimes together would pale in comparison to the atrocities committed in the name of one`s God by various religions.

brownrodster

Been taking it day by day. Getting to work 2-3 days per week. Unfortunately in my local we cannot work inside when on lay off. No official layoff. Just have to call everyday to see if I'm working.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Been taking it day by day. Getting to work 2-3 days per week. Unfortunately in my local we cannot work inside when on lay off. No official layoff. Just have to call everyday to see if I'm working.
That's funny ..........um ooops...................no not funny for you. It's funny because we go in everyday just watch the fight to see who gets to go home.:peaceful: