Lazy Boy Recliners

Re-Raise

I took this job to deliver Victoria's Secret packages to lonely housewives, nobody told me I would be delivering Lazy Boy recliners from QVC. They are huge, and we had a load of them in our center this morning.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
i'm really thankful I didn't have any of those today. One of my qvcers has been saying for a week she has something coming that needs a signature. i hope thats not it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At least freight drivers get a lift gate and pallet for the heavy stuff. Lol my last freight delivery was car parts that weighed 95 lbs. Cost me $170. Could of easily come ups and would not have been almost $200 t

J

jibbs

I took this job to deliver Victoria's Secret packages to lonely housewives, nobody told me I would be delivering Lazy Boy recliners from QVC. They are huge, and we had a load of them in our center this morning.

There must've been some kind of sale going on this past week, because I've seen an unusually high number of retardedly bulky La-Z Boys coming through my center lately as well.

iruhnman630

I did a recent call tag pickup...greeted customer, asked him if he had something for me to pickup....

"Sure. Here it is...", as he is taking his laundry off of his broken recliner, "...and I brought home this refrigerator box to ship it in."

:whiteflag:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Three years ago, before I left package car, Overstock.com was the WORST. Huge packages, over 70 and poorly packed. The typical, 'the driver will fix it' situation.

Ouch

Ummm I had a salon open on my route try delivering barber chairs. There is a reason they dont tip backwards when they lean you back in them. THERE HEAVY lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I love how the preload puts bombers in the truck, label down, so the driver has to dig in order to find out where its going.

CharleyHustle

I had this "thing" the other day, an outdoor 2 seat glider. It was huge and heavy and the box was pretty much destroyed. It leaked parts all day till I had room in the truck to use a roll of tape on it. Of course it was my next to last stop of the day. I rolled up to the house and sure enough no one was home. I dragged it up to the porch and left it. I figured if its a total disaster with missing parts and such, they wont order another one and wont tell their friends to get one either.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I had this "thing" the other day, an outdoor 2 seat glider. It was huge and heavy and the box was pretty much destroyed. It leaked parts all day till I had room in the truck to use a roll of tape on it. Of course it was my next to last stop of the day. I rolled up to the house and sure enough no one was home. I dragged it up to the porch and left it. I figured if its a total disaster with missing parts and such, they wont order another one and wont tell their friends to get one either.
Nothing like that stays on my truck past 11. If my air is too heavy to get it off first thing it comes off right after that...and dont care if they're not home. if i have to indirect it to the old lady 7 houses down i will.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You'll have a call tag in less than a week and a replacement glider on your truck around the same time. They'll brag to all their friends how great the customer service is when ordering from this company, neighbors will start ordering full patio sets.

oldngray

nowhere special
You'll have a call tag in less than a week and a replacement glider on your truck around the same time. They'll brag to all their friends how great the customer service is when ordering from this company, neighbors will start ordering full patio sets.

... and tell all their friends how the nice UPS guy is supposed to assemble it for them.