Lazy Coworkers and the upcoming peak season

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
There was no reason for you to tell us you're a vet. Regardless of where you work, you will have lazy people everywhere. You were a Marine, you should know that.

There was no reason for you to tell us you're a vet. Regardless of where you work, you will have lazy people everywhere. You were a Marine, you should know that.

There's no reason to be proud? It was to give you a little background of myself so you'd better understand how I feel in my predicament. I understand there are lazy people everywhere, but why should I stand by and let them control me?

I've also have come to the conclusion that some of the lazy bodies are probably on this thread right now defending themselves

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I'm not saying don't be proud and I am thankful for what you've done. I'm saying starting off with information like that is fishing for a certain type of response.

It's comes off like you were begging for respect as if we owed it to you for your service.

Same type of deal when a woman says "I'm a single mother and blah blah blah".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No, I have a legitimate question and the only answer I've gotten is talk to supes.
My advice, unless you're ready to put in your letter for supervision, is to worry about what's in front of you instead of what's in front of somebody else.
I too was in the military (6 years) and I haven't come closer to seeing the same dynamics in play as I do at UPS.
Like in the military where you are doing your time to fulfill your obligation, we at UPS are being paid for our time by the hour for manual labor.

You ask what you can do?
I say nothing, because it simply isn't your problem.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not saying don't be proud and I am thankful for what you've done. I'm saying starting off with information like that is fishing for a certain type of response.

It's comes off like you were begging for respect as if we owed it to you for your service.

Same type of deal when a woman says "I'm a single mother and blah blah blah".

I will let some of the other members of this Forum address this post.

From someone who has a screen name.... that starts with "chicken".

-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My advice, unless you're ready to put in your letter for supervision, is to worry about what's in front of you instead of what's in front of somebody else.
I too was in the military (6 years) and I haven't come closer to seeing the same dynamics in play as I do at UPS.
Like in the military where you are doing your time to fulfill your obligation, we at UPS are being paid for our time by the hour for manual labor.

You ask what you can do?
I say nothing, because it simply isn't your problem.
:winnersmiley:

Thank for your input Bubblehead. Unfortunately it is my problem when I'm the one to has to save the day because I stay on top of my work. I'm being taken advantage of by coworkers. It is my problem.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thank for your input Bubblehead. Unfortunately it is my problem when I'm the one to has to save the day because I stay on top of my work. I'm being taken advantage of by coworkers. It is my problem.
Wrong! Worry about your work and not what everyone else is doing.....unless there's a safety issue involved and someone could get hurt. Other than that, you work as directed...end of story.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I will let some of the other members of this Forum address this post.

From someone who has a screen name.... that starts with "chicken".

-Bug-

Ok. I'll bite.
@ChickenLegs. We DO owe him, as well as anyone else, the respect they deserve for signing their name on the dotted line with the knowledge that there is a possibility that it could result in death. Whether you or anyone agrees with the war or not, the LEAST we can do is give them THAT respect. Rant over.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok. I'll bite.
@ChickenLegs. We DO owe him, as well as anyone else, the respect they deserve for signing their name on the dotted line with the knowledge that there is a possibility that it could result in death. Whether you or anyone agrees with the war or not, the LEAST we can do is give them THAT respect. Rant over.
I agree with you (My brother's a 15 year Marine). I can also kind of see Chicken's point. A newbie preloader is a newbie preloader....why lead with...I'm a Marine Corps Vet??