lazy ups guy...

kingOFchester

Aside from the safety aspect and the loss of a job, it is almost comical watching the truck bounce around on the sidewalk. Maybe this driver just had a melt down. I am sure he lost his load to add to his bad day.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. On a lighter high note, I think we have succeeded in "Meet sexy latinas" without having to travel to a risque social networking site.

bbsam

Staff member
I was watching my miles?
I was avoiding a back?
I was able to save time and scratch the trip?
I was trying to avoid a "hit while parked"?
"I was posting my 47,000 post on Brown Cafe which included a lengthy explanation on why Obama is not a legitimate president but I still wanted to maintain trace and keep sph in range. Call it multi-tasking. Any chances we could get some of the potholes in those sidewalks taken care of? And those right hand turns seemed really tight, but I am a professional."

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At least he turned on his 4 way flashers.

But, to be fair....where in the methods does it say we should not drive on the sidewalk? We aren't all rocket scientists, so we need to be told what we can and can't do in black and white. Curb driving seems like a grey area

raceanoncr

Even more incredible is that the union will fight to get him/her the job back.........waste of time!!

Uh, let's just say the union will make an ATTEMPT to get his job back. Maybe not a very strong attempt, either. As the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid".

raceanoncr

As an addendum, when I was steward and driver pulled some bonehead move like this, I'd flat out ask em, "How the hell am I sposed to defend you on THIS one?". All we could do is throw em at the mercy of the panel, admit wrong, plead for forgiveness and ask for job.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't see anything wrong with it. I always told people on my route if they don't like the way I drive--stay off the sidewalk.

westin

I once was trained in a downtown route by a supervisor. I was shocked when he told me to drive on the sidewalk to deliver the storefronts. There were cars parked on street, parking meters, then my truck on the sidewalk and less than two feet from store to my door. I drove down block after block on the sidewalk delivering like this. I was just waiting for a cop to pull up but he said "that's how it's done down here"! It didnt feel right at all and luckily it was before the viral and safety days or it would no doubt end up on you tube. Btw, that sup no longer works for brown. Workplace violence incident I believe.