lazy ups guy...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kingOFchester, Jul 14, 2012.

1. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How in the hell do you justify that??

3. kingOFchester

logistics?

4. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Incredible.

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Yikes..... I don't even know what to say.

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Even more incredible is that the union will fight to get him/her the job back.........waste of time!!

7. kingOFchester

Aside from the safety aspect and the loss of a job, it is almost comical watching the truck bounce around on the sidewalk. Maybe this driver just had a melt down. I am sure he lost his load to add to his bad day.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I just want to hear him explain that.

9. kingOFchester

I was watching my miles?
    I was avoiding a back?
    I was able to save time and scratch the trip?
    I was trying to avoid a "hit while parked"?

10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

LOL. On a lighter high note, I think we have succeeded in "Meet sexy latinas" without having to travel to a risque social networking site.

11. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

"Look, a deer!"

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It was the new orion system.

13. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

"I was posting my 47,000 post on Brown Cafe which included a lengthy explanation on why Obama is not a legitimate president but I still wanted to maintain trace and keep sph in range. Call it multi-tasking. Any chances we could get some of the potholes in those sidewalks taken care of? And those right hand turns seemed really tight, but I am a professional."

14. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

At least he turned on his 4 way flashers.

But, to be fair....where in the methods does it say we should not drive on the sidewalk? We aren't all rocket scientists, so we need to be told what we can and can't do in black and white. Curb driving seems like a grey area

15. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Uh, let's just say the union will make an ATTEMPT to get his job back. Maybe not a very strong attempt, either. As the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid".

16. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

As an addendum, when I was steward and driver pulled some bonehead move like this, I'd flat out ask em, "How the hell am I sposed to defend you on THIS one?". All we could do is throw em at the mercy of the panel, admit wrong, plead for forgiveness and ask for job.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Isn't there a point where the union simply says "Sorry, there is simply nothing we can do for you", cut their losses and move on?

18. rod

rod retired and happy

I don't see anything wrong with it. I always told people on my route if they don't like the way I drive--stay off the sidewalk.

19. midwest brown

midwest brown Member

Lol. "I don't think the driver should be fired, maybe he can go back to the office and stack boxes" ahahahahahaha

20. westin

westin Member

I once was trained in a downtown route by a supervisor. I was shocked when he told me to drive on the sidewalk to deliver the storefronts. There were cars parked on street, parking meters, then my truck on the sidewalk and less than two feet from store to my door. I drove down block after block on the sidewalk delivering like this. I was just waiting for a cop to pull up but he said "that's how it's done down here"! It didnt feel right at all and luckily it was before the viral and safety days or it would no doubt end up on you tube. Btw, that sup no longer works for brown. Workplace violence incident I believe.