Learning Zips

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Iggyiam, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

Any suggestions?

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

the easiest thing for me was sit and look at a map and focus on one section at a time see where they divisions are. then going to a new section the next day and see if i could remember where the previous division was

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are you talking about in the hub or on the road as a driver?

4. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

talking about hub

5. Arty S.

Arty S. New Member

I used flash cards to learn the primary sorts at both buildings I worked.

I learned small sort as a bagger before I sorted, but our small sort included the splits in the bins, so at worst you could look things up.

6. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

» Search
    Enter your search terms

Submit search form

We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.|Sonia Johnson

7. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk New Member

Iggy, you should know better than to start threads without searching.

8. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Flash cards worked for me. Is it for loading or for small sort?

9. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

You'll be given a little card with the zipcodes that pertain to the truck youre loading

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Why would anyone need to know zips as a driver? I know the zip I deliver in and don't plan on leaving there anytime soon unless some jerk who doesn't know any better decides to bump me in January.q

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have to admit that I wondered that myself but you have read the same posts that I have from these new kids and sometimes you just have to ask the obvious.

12. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

Why do hub sorters need to learn Zip codes? I thuoght all the human readable bar codes had the Center Slics on them.

13. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Some times the slic might not be right so it helps to know zips

14. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Zipcodes are important.
    The city of Boston is split between four different buildings; Norwood, Watertown, Somerville and South Boston. Knowing all of Boston's zips is challenging .
    Hey have you ever been in a checkout line where they ask for your zipcode, even if you were paying with cash? I love to mess with them so I always answer " 02133 "; which is the statehouse on Beaconhill.