Left and came back

pog mo thon

I left UPS moved to a different state not planning on going back to UPS at the time. But things happened so I went back to UPS where I moved to. Had 11 years at old location and I was told by the Union that I can't carry my time over to the new local union. Anyone ever have the same experience? Anyone know if I Should be able to or not? It is the same Union???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I left UPS moved to a different state not planning on going back to UPS at the time. But things happened so I went back to UPS where I moved to. Had 11 years at old location and I was told by the Union that I can't carry my time over to the new local union. Anyone ever have the same experience? Anyone know if I Should be able to or not? It is the same Union???

It is the same union but the pension plans may differ which may be why you are unable to carry your time over to the new local.

If you do work for at least 5 years this time around you will end up getting two smaller pension checks rather than one larger one.

UPSER110

I worked prelaod for a little over a year. Graduated college, put my 2 weeks notice in, moved away for a few months thinking it would be easy to find a friend/t job, moved back home, and got rehired at Peak. Then after peak they kept me and im going on 2 1/2 years on my re-hire.

working up a sweat

In my hub, they hired about 24 for last peak. They laid all of them off when peak was done. They re-hired 2 of them, 5 months later . They started up again on last nights sort.

klein

Für Meno :)
LOL. I know which list I was on!

And I don't even need to bother ! LOL
Would have no plans working for them ever again anyways, getting no breaks at all during a 11-12 hrs day, AND then having to take the breaks after work.