Left knee pain

Climbingtheladder

(TCD here) Got an issue hope, someone can help.
I drove last year during peak and after just a few weeks starting getting a pain in my left knee I thought just from using the clutch. After a little bit more time on the road it would get so bad at points where I literally couldn't push the clutch in and was limping around all day. At night I would wake up with my knee locked in a 45 degree angle. I never went to the Doctor because some days it wouldn't even bother me and some would be hell. So I just figured I was being a pus and to just keep working. And since I went back to the hub it never bothered me but today was my first day back on the road and there that familiar knee pain is starting to rise up again! Any one have this problem ? Or know if it's just from using it so much that I'm not used to doing ? Or maybe an actual problem ?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ups suggests alternating what knee you use to take first step into the truck...so both knees get beat to :censored2: at the same speed...that's their solution...brilliant

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I drove last year during peak and after just a few weeks starting getting a pain in my left knee I thought just from using the clutch. After a little bit more time on the road it would get so bad at points where I literally couldn't push the clutch in and was limping around all day. At night I would wake up with my knee locked in a 45 degree angle. I never went to the Doctor because some days it wouldn't even bother me and some would be hell. So I just figured I was being a pus and to just keep working. And since I went back to the hub it never bothered me but today was my first day back on the road and there that familiar knee pain is starting to rise up again! Any one have this problem ? Or know if it's just from using it so much that I'm not used to doing ? Or maybe an actual problem ?
Don't listen to people who say man up. Its your body and nobody elses. If you want to do this job for a while you have to take care of your body. Be smart, you have health insurance, go to the doctor and get it checked out. I bet its 1 of 2 things. Tendinitis or a slight meniscus tear. You don't get anywhere on this job by playing macho man. Playing macho man don't get you anywhere but more hurt. Be smart get it checked out before you could possibly worsen the injury.

undies

This sounds like a workers comp injury to me. Like jumpman said, if you plan on making this a career, get it checked out ASAP. Either let your management team you need to go to the clinic or go see your own doctor. Get an MRI not an X Ray. You have amazing insurance, use it!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This sounds like a workers comp injury to me. Like jumpman said, if you plan on making this a career, get it checked out ASAP. Either let your management team you need to go to the clinic or go see your own doctor. Get an MRI not an X Ray. You have amazing insurance, use it!
Exactly dude don't be an idiot and keep on working hurt. Anybody who keeps working hurt is a :censored2:. Somebody wants to call you a wussy for it tell em to kiss your ding dong. Their the idiots not you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All you see is a bunch of monkey see monkey doo copycats all the time at work. Im just like really dude you freakin cornballs lol. Be your own leader not a follower and do your thing your way nobody elses way. Your not there to make friends or enemies, your there for the CHEESE AMIGO lol.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Exactly dude don't be an idiot and keep on working hurt. Anybody who keeps working hurt is a :censored2:. Somebody wants to call you a wussy for it tell em to kiss your ding dong. Their the idiots not you.
unfortunately ups breeds this type of behavior....they have these new guys obsessed with the allowances and over under....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Until they figure out the mind game, weve all been through at 1 time or another as rookies. Live and learn as you go is how this job is.

undies

It took me YEARS to finally speak up and complain about my back pain. Turned out I had 3 herniated discs and osteo arthritis...ended up having to take a year off work for PT(physical therapy). Luckily I was able to return to driving. If I only knew or had the balls to speak up earlier, I might have saved my body a lot of damage...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It took me YEARS to finally speak up and complain about my back pain. Turned out I had 3 herniated discs and osteo arthritis...ended up having to take a year off work for PT(physical therapy). Luckily I was able to return to driving. If I only knew or had the balls to speak up earlier, I might have saved my body a lot of damage...
Like I said you don't get anywhere playing macho man, just more hurt.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's a meniscus tear. When you lock up in the 45 degree angle and somedays are better than others. It's called impingement. Get it taken care of sooner than later because it'll start getting arthritic sooner than later. It's just a scope. I was back to work in 6 days. Once it's done you can't damage it, it's just pain management and what you can tolerate for going back to work. Good luck and sorry...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's a meniscus tear. When you lock up in the 45 degree angle and somedays are better than others. It's called impingement. Get it taken care of sooner than later because it'll start getting arthritic sooner than later. It's just a scope. I was back to work in 6 days. Once it's done you can't damage it, it's just pain management and what you can tolerate for going back to work. Good luck and sorry...
I was out 12 weeks with mine. That's what the doctor said to take off with physical therapy and that's exactly how long I took off with mine. Not going to go against what the orthopedic said. No way I could have went back to driving after 6 days. Was on crutches for at least 3 or 4 days.

margaritaville

Stick shift already eff'd me up pretty bad and im just a fill in driver who doesnt drive everyday. My left knee ends up sore at night if i drive stick too many days in a row. Also i think i :censored2:ed up my right bicep because when i was reversing. Since i have one hand on the streering wheel pulling hard and the other hand on the stick. I like twisted it or something and it hasnt gotten better yet.

I know the old school drivers dealt with :censored2:ty ass trucks forever. But they need to get rid of these sticks ASAP to prevent future injuries and potential rollback accidents. Its stupid they are still around, finicially one injury or accident is more expensive than crushing them into a cube and buying a new automatic.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Stick shift already eff'd me up pretty bad and im just a fill in driver who doesnt drive everyday. My left knee ends up sore at night if i drive stick too many days in a row. Also i think i :censored2:ed up my right bicep because when i was reversing. Since i have one hand on the streering wheel pulling hard and the other hand on the stick. I like twisted it or something and it hasnt gotten better yet.

I know the old school drivers dealt with :censored2:ty ass trucks forever. But they need to get rid of these sticks ASAP to prevent future injuries and potential rollback accidents. Its stupid they are still around, finicially one injury or accident is more expensive than crushing them into a cube and buying a new automatic.
Ill take a smurf 700 truck with an automatic over a 1000 with a stick shift anysay of the week. Don't mind being jammed up like a son of a gun for first couple hours over a big junk stickshift. Going from a stick to an automatic is like being on vacation lol.

bill blutnach

you tried crossing your legs to give your left knee a break ja?