Left knee pain

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, get it checked out. Many years ago, when I'd flex my knee it would go snap crackle pop. Never had it looked at. Went into feeders and it got better. Now I don't have any protection between my bones, my cartilage is destroyed.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I was out 12 weeks with mine. That's what the doctor said to take off with physical therapy and that's exactly how long I took off with mine. Not going to go against what the orthopedic said. No way I could have went back to driving after 6 days. Was on crutches for at least 3 or 4 days.
I tore my meniscus when I was in the 10th grade. I remember the day it happened playing volleyball. It popped...hurt like a somebitch and maybe...5 minutes later I was fine. Never did anything about it. Well...UPS was kind enough to remind me 10 years later that :censored2: happened. I went in, they did xrays and a CAT. Torn along the outside edge to the middle. They scoped it and said for me it was how tolerant I was. I guess I was lucky. I'm not saying that I'm a pain tolerating bad ass muther :censored2:er, just saying I was lucky. Surgery on a Tuesday and back to work on Monday. I was car shifting at that point so it was just getting in and out of package cars. Not much in the way of deep knee bends. I figured if I was going to be miserable, I'm going to get paid for it at least. That was probably the best PT for me at that point.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
(TCD here) Got an issue hope, someone can help.
I drove last year during peak and after just a few weeks starting getting a pain in my left knee I thought just from using the clutch. After a little bit more time on the road it would get so bad at points where I literally couldn't push the clutch in and was limping around all day. At night I would wake up with my knee locked in a 45 degree angle. I never went to the Doctor because some days it wouldn't even bother me and some would be hell. So I just figured I was being a pus and to just keep working. And since I went back to the hub it never bothered me but today was my first day back on the road and there that familiar knee pain is starting to rise up again! Any one have this problem ? Or know if it's just from using it so much that I'm not used to doing ? Or maybe an actual problem ?
Go to the dr and get it checked out. I had knee pain on and off for the last few years....I'm finally in the process of scheduling surgery to fix it...but in hindsight i shouldn't have waited so long.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Get it taken care of. I have had both knees replaced and I am still having problems bouncing back. The longer you wait the worse it will get.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ups suggests alternating what knee you use to take first step into the truck...so both knees get beat to :censored2: at the same speed...that's their solution...brilliant

Actually this is not true. When you enter from the passenger side, you are supposed to put your right hand on the handrail and take your first step with your left leg.

BrownTexas

Find a magical pill that rebuilds your joints and cartilage. I've been needing to get a knee braces but don't know what or where to get.

Ouch

If you hurt it while on the clock report it to your management team. Tell them you need to get it looked at by an M.D. Do not let your sup or manager play doctor and tell you it's nothing. They do not have MRI vision. Do not take chances with you body that will affect your ability to provide for yourself and your family. Get it checked out and be done with it before it gets to bad.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The most important thing, IMO, is how close/far you are seated from the clutch. You may be sitting too close, or too far away. Also sitting height, too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And to help with the pain of sore knee joints from the clutch, or any repetition that is work-related- an exercise bike 20-30 minutes a day can work wonders. It has for me.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
I use this for my knee pain and am now knee pain free.
http://www.breg.com/products/knee-bracing/functional-ligament/fusion-knee-brace

(TCD here) Got an issue hope, someone can help.
I drove last year during peak and after just a few weeks starting getting a pain in my left knee I thought just from using the clutch. After a little bit more time on the road it would get so bad at points where I literally couldn't push the clutch in and was limping around all day. At night I would wake up with my knee locked in a 45 degree angle. I never went to the Doctor because some days it wouldn't even bother me and some would be hell. So I just figured I was being a pus and to just keep working. And since I went back to the hub it never bothered me but today was my first day back on the road and there that familiar knee pain is starting to rise up again! Any one have this problem ? Or know if it's just from using it so much that I'm not used to doing ? Or maybe an actual problem ?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In many of those old trucks there isn't enough adjustment available to get to a really comfortable position for knees.
True, but that may not be the case for the OP. I think those older vehicles (generally 80's in our building) were built specifically for someone 6'3 220 :D

I've had a lot of left knee problems that diminished when I stopped driving P1000 80's GMC? every day for two years.