Left UPS on good terms now system shows not eligible

JeffreyF

I worked for UPS for 6 months back in 1995. I left on good terms and trying to apply for a job online I was surprised to see that I'm not eligible for rehire. :sick:

I put in my notice, my blue shirt and manager knew I was leaving, the scan girls attacked me with their markers on my last day and I was told I was eligible for rehire. So a bit confused as to why the situation would change. I was curious if there were any things to check before contacting the company or proper way to go about finding out why my status changed? I worked at the Walnut Hill facility in Dallas, Texas and paid union dues while I was working there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I worked for UPS for 6 months back in 1995. I left on good terms and trying to apply for a job online I was surprised to see that I'm not eligible for rehire. :sick:

I put in my notice, my blue shirt and manager knew I was leaving, the scan girls attacked me with their markers on my last day and I was told I was eligible for rehire. So a bit confused as to why the situation would change. I was curious if there were any things to check before contacting the company or proper way to go about finding out why my status changed? I worked at the Walnut Hill facility in Dallas, Texas and paid union dues while I was working there.

Refer to my signature .... he told you one thing but did another.

UPSGUY72

Just becasue you put your notice in doesn't mean you left on good terms. Someone on your management team check NO-Rehire on your paper work for some reason. Could have been anything like calling in to many times, being late, not doing your job to thier standards, maybe you got hurt once who knows maybe someone in management just didn't like you.

Good luck trying to get that changed you have a better chance of getting hit by lighting.

JeffreyF

I don't see why they would have had an issue with me. I always got an extra 15 minutes every day to setup all the lines in my unloading area. I was requested several times to test for sorter. So basically y'all are saying I'm sol. Joy

Thanks.

brownrodster

I don't see why they would have had an issue with me. I always got an extra 15 minutes every day to setup all the lines in my unloading area. I was requested several times to test for sorter. So basically y'all are saying I'm sol. Joy

Thanks.

I wouldn't take it personally. I thought it was standard procedure to give everyone a negative rehire status.