Legal firearms in my car

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Have any of you ever had anyone say anything regarding guns in your car in the UPS parking lot? I have a concealed carry permit, have carried for years. However some at UPS interpret the "no weapons in the facilities" rule to also apply to my vehicle. I can't keep a firearm for my personal protection on the way to work and the way home without storing it in my car while I'm at work. Any comments?

1. They have no legal right to search your locked car.

2. They dont know about what they cant see.

3. We have the same policy here, but anybody who came and looked at our parking lot on the Friday before opening day of deer hunting season would see a whole row of pickups with with campers and trailers parked in the back, ready to head straight up to the woods as soon as their owners clock off. You would have to be a complete idiot not to know that there are deer rifles stored in those rigs.

Bottom line is that someone from Corporate came up with a "no weapons" policy and had them put up a sign. What they dont know wont hurt them.

bigblu 2 you

I read the article link that was provided by huskres. I found this part interesting...

"In July 2003, Lockheed Martin employee Doug Williams abruptly left a training session at the company's Meridian, Miss., plant and retrieved a shotgun and semiautomatic rifle from his truck in the employee parking lot.

He opened fire on employees, killing six and wounding eight.

Afterward, authorities retrieved three more guns from his truck.

“Unfortunately, this is an all-too-common event,” said Brian Siebel, senior attorney at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. “A gun is available in the parking lot for an employee who may be unstable and who reaches a snapping point. This should be a no-brainer.”

IF any job could push someone to the breaking point..its UPS!!!
he could have gone home and brought them back,or bought them at a gun shop,etc.or he could have came in wielding a sword or chainsaw.the point isnt what he used ,its what he did.when people decide to kill its never wright no matter with weapons or hands.i own a gun and hope i never have to fire it,but if a drugged lunatic grabs my car door handle i dont aim to be a statistic.i also spend a lot of time in the mountains and black bears have seen a increase in numbers and seem less fearful of humans,once again i dont want to be a statistic.

anonymous4

So a man who snapped and murdered innocent people at his work place would have made it through life just fine if he didn't have his guns in the parking lot that day? Come again?

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS employees are not allowed to go Postal. That is only for USPS. And Postal workers get a stern warning about not doing it again if they do go postal.

UPS employees are not allowed to go Postal. That is only for USPS. And Postal workers get a stern warning about not doing it again if they do go postal.
There are a few guys at my hub....that I don't want to be around!!!I just smile and wave hi.....Hoping that is not the moment that they are going to snap!!!!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I park my personal vehicle at a satellite center 40 miles from my center. Have been informed I cannot posess firearms in my car even though they do not own the property.

anonymous4

You weren't even aware of your own liberties the last time you chimed in on this topic. Want to argue the meaning of well-regulated militia again? Having a gun on your person at all times is the hallmark of self-defense preparedness. You really can't wrap the brain around the purpose and reasoning behind having your legal gun in your car?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am well aware of my liberties---the one I enjoy the most is the freedom not to feel obligated to carry a gun in my car.

If I ever lived in an area where I felt it necessary to arm myself just to drive back and forth to work I would move.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am well aware of my liberties---the one I enjoy the most is the freedom not to feel obligated to carry a gun in my car.

If I ever lived in an area where I felt it necessary to arm myself just to drive back and forth to work I would move.

What if that area had a 200 mile radius around where you had worked for 30 years and you had 2 more years to be eligible for retirement?

Just thinking.

I don't normally carry a gun but I have 7 placed strategically around my house.

What if that area had a 200 mile radius around where you had worked for 30 years and you had 2 more years to be eligible for retirement?

Just thinking.

only 7????...I hope the UPS guy doesn't knock on your door too late at night!!!!!!!!!!

anonymous4

lol. Explain the strategic part.

And Dave, the mindset of someone who carries is you have no idea what is coming. There is no way to prepare for things as they happen when you don't expect them to. Living in a ritzy area or driving straight to work and home is in no way a sure thing to avoid that moment. A gun is an insurance policy and nothing more. It is on me whenever it is legal for it to be there and I will most likely never need to draw it. Others have said the same and were wrong. A friend of mine was involved in a road rage incident where the raging driver followed him then blocked him in and stepped out to start a confrontation.

My friend is a vet and ccp holder, had no idea what the other man's intentions were. He drew on him when the guy was approaching and that alone ended the incident. There are similar incidents captured online. Not everyone can up and leave and even if they could please point me in the direction of this utopia because random violence happens in every corner of the world. You can only sway the odds in your favor. Just one more insurance policy in life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
lol. Explain the strategic part.

Located so that regardless what part of the house I am in, I can reasonably be sure I can get to a handgun or pistol-grip shotgun without exposing myself to an intruder.
In other words, none of my guns are stored beside a point of entrance/egress but rather to places I commonly am in the house.
Bedrooms all have them, my desk area has one, my pool house has one, etc.