Legal firearms in my car

C

chuchu

Our HR rep told me UPS just lost a huge lawsuit a few months ago over a feeder driver having a rifle displayed in the rear window of his pick up truck. The company fired him for refusing to remove it and a federal court in Chicago agreed with his right to lawfully display a weapon in his personal vehicle on private property. The court awarded the employee 5 million dollars. The HR rep was deathly serious about the validity of the case. That's a story that the company doesn't want to get out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why do you boys feel the need to carry a gun(s) in your cars?

Because the odds of a carjacker sucessfully taking your car and/or murdering you or your wife decrease exponentially for every additional bullet hole you are able to punch through his worthless carcass.

Next question?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At least they'll know where to send the coroner.

I also have Bluetooth in my car with the ability to summon police with the push of a button. And you are correct, it will ultimately allow them to dispatch the coroner to the correct location of a shooting. The only difference is, in my case there will be at least even odds that its the bad guy who gets hauled away to the morgue rather than me.

anonymous4

My new car has Bluetooth with controls on the steering wheel and voice commands. One press of the button, "Call police" and help is on the way.

I hope you're not under the assumption police are legally obligated to protect you. Many stories like the one below. Then there are police response times. If someone is breaking into your property, walking you down while you're outside or using their car to corral you into a bad scenario, the police would be the last thing on my mind; it's about to go down within seconds.

Police Have No Duty to Protect Individuals
Woman Raped By Ex-Boyfriend Because Police Didn't Have Enough Funding To Send Help | ThinkProgress

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Why do you boys feel the need to carry a gun(s) in your cars?

You don't get off work at 2:30AM every weekday(or later). And are the very last person to leave on Friday(or nearly every Mon-Thurs) night(Saturday morning). I have chased people out of the building with my 3' prybar before. Not saying that I do, but I have reasons.

tejano408

if you are going to have a firearm in your car keep it concealed and do not show to anyone because it just takes a sup or someone that has a grudge to get you fired it does fall under no weapons in the facilities

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have carried a many different types of tools in my personal vehicles for years.
I consider any man made object to be a tool , something made to help accomplish the given task at hand .

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Steeltoe, I agree with you on this one. I work in the same building you do, and believe me, its not located in the best part of town. There is no way in the world that I would live in that county. I don't see anything wrong with keeping a weapon locked up in your own car. The security guards we have are a joke. All they do is sit at the guard gate checking IDs, I have never seen one patrolling the parking lot. They are unarmed, so what can they do anyway? There are shootings on a regular basis in the apartments surrounding our Hub, I don't see any reason that it is wrong to be able to defend yourself traveling to and from work. I don't carry myself, but I have several weapons within easy reach around my house.
Your guards check ID's?!?!?!?! Man...overachievers...