Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

oldngray

nowhere special
DOT rules about drugs would trump state laws. Many drugs are legal over the counter or with a prescription now but you can't use them and drive a commercial vehicle.

grinandbearit

OK let me clarify, I live and work in Denver, its Saturday and I smoke one up, then go to work on Monday not impaired. This has nothing to do with smoking on the job. Anther one I live in NY and go to Colorado for vacation and fire one up. Then go back to work the next week.

beentheredonethat

To clarify, nothing will change in relationship to passing random drug tests. You partake in drugs and have it in your system during a drug test and you will pay the price. (Regardless if you partook in a state where marijuana is legal or not)

PT Car Washer

Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol during work hours is a sure way of loosing your job permanently. And don't tell me about being able to do the job better when you are stoned. Every pothead I have ever met will tell you that. Find a job that better suits your life style.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol during work hours is a sure way of loosing your job permanently. And don't tell me about being able to do the job better when you are stoned. Every pothead I have ever met will tell you that. Find a job that better suits your life style.
Seeing as alcohol, tobacco and marijuana will be "legal"...any drinker or smoker would be excluded by your logic. There goes 80% of the workforce ;0

oldngray

nowhere special
Seeing as alcohol, tobacco and marijuana will be "legal"...any drinker or smoker would be excluded by your logic. There goes 80% of the workforce ;0

Your logic is .. illogical. Alcohol in your system already excluded you from driving. Tobacco doesn't. There are many legal prescription drugs you can't use and drive a commercial vehicle. Marijuana even if legal can't be in your system if you expect to drive for UPS. There is probably a min level in your system before you get flagged if tested, but that will be well below a level that is likely to impair. Its DOT rules which are very strict. They don't want truck drivers being a danger on the roads and are ruthless about it.

PT Car Washer

I know a lot of employees who may have a drink or two after work or on the weekends. Come to work the next day ready to go. I am not going to excuse the employee who comes to work under the influence. No matter what it may be. Work with a guy for over 30 years. Smokes pot all night after twi sort. Sleeps all day. 50+ year old pothead. Can't see what the problem is.

PT Car Washer

Your logic is .. illogical. Alcohol in your system already excluded you from driving. Tobacco doesn't. There are many legal prescription drugs you can't use and drive a commercial vehicle. Marijuana even if legal can't be in your system if you expect to drive for UPS. There is probably a min level in your system before you get flagged if tested, but that will be well below a level that is likely to impair. Its DOT rules which are very strict. They don't want truck drivers being a danger on the roads and are ruthless about it.
Don't want them in the preload or hubs either.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Since when did this thread become exclusive to DOT and drivers? Other than your commentary, of course. ;)

Again, alcohol tobacco and marijuana will be legal in these states. I didn't read within OP's post, questions about driving a commercial vehicle for UPS.

Johney

Since when did this thread become exclusive to DOT and drivers? Other than your commentary, of course. ;)

Again, alcohol tobacco and marijuana will be legal in these states. I didn't read within OP's post, questions about driving a commercial vehicle for UPS.
Although marijuana may be legal in these states it is still illegal under federal laws and that if needed trumps state laws.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Gateway drug...that always cracks me up. Everyone who says marijuana is a gateway drug can never show ANY proof of that. That's called throw crap on the wall and seeing what might stick.

You will find more heroin addicts who started with milk than pot.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What you do on your own time is your business.
The problem is that drug tests detect cannabis for up to about 30 days after use. If you smoke some crack Friday night you'll be good to drive by Monday though. So.... stick to crack cocaine I guess.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
People are so funny and stupid about weed its ridiculous. All these people that say all this nerdball bs about weed have never smoked up before. Im tired of hearing it from all these nerdballs that know nothing about it. If you have a cdl you shouldnt smoke period. And you shouldnt come to work high and drive a package car. If you want to blaze up outside of work well so be it. Its the same if you want to drink after work. The funny thing is that its actually safer to smoke and do things than it is to drink and do things. The government knows how much money legalizing it would bring into the US economy. The legalizing of 1 so called drug would fix the economy? Dont laugh about it cause it could very well happen in reality.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What you do on your own time is your business.
The problem is that drug tests detect cannabis for up to about 30 days after use. If you smoke some crack Friday night you'll be good to drive by Monday though. So.... stick to crack cocaine I guess.
Thats an old lie about 30 days. Ive blazed up like 3 days before i had to take a test n still passed. I guess if your fatt youll fail easily. If your fairly lean and drink alot of fluid it will come out quick. If your smokin dirt itll come out quick. If your smokin Cali now thats a different story lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thats an old lie about 30 days. Ive blazed up like 3 days before i had to take a test n still passed. I guess if your fatt youll fail easily. If your fairly lean and drink alot of fluid it will come out quick. If your smokin dirt itll come out quick. If your smokin Cali now thats a different story lol.
Well the munchies can take their toll eventually.