Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The constipation is normal with opiates. Had some second degree burns all over my right leg a few years ago and it didn't help for that either.
It is normal to bleed when you cut between the toes with a serrated knife.
I don't do either unless there is an overarching motivation to engage in either.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
30 days for urine, up to 6 months for hair follicles.
Lol yeah I had a baseball teammate who's parents knew he was smoking weed. First drug test they gave him he got a friend to give him clean urine. Well mom figured she would out smart him and test his hair. He caught wind of it and shaved his head bald the day before.

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't paid much attention to the news today. I'm curious-- did the world as we knew it ended in Colorado today like some were worried about?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Unfortunately, fiber does not help as opiates disrupt normal gut motility resulting in non-propulsive contractions of the bowel wall, ultimately delaying transit time of intestinal contents.
Very true. I tried those fiber tablets while taking Tramodol and Ryzolt, and they didn't help at all.

aintbleedinbrown

I can't even believe this question was asked. What part of FEDERAL DOT isn't understood. I can't believe OP had serious questions concerning UPS's standing as well as how federal regulations always supersede state laws, regulations, etc.. If you want to "smoke one up" so bad then find a different job... Just my 2 cents.

OK let me clarify, I live and work in Denver, its Saturday and I smoke one up, then go to work on Monday not impaired. This has nothing to do with smoking on the job. Anther one I live in NY and go to Colorado for vacation and fire one up. Then go back to work the next week.
To answer your question. If you live in a state where it's illegal to smoke marijuana and go on vacation to a state that it is legal. Try to prove that you didn't smoke it in your home state.

bbsam

Staff member
I think if anyone speaks of "gateway drugs" they can't leave out alcohol, especially with the resurgence of heroine addiction. From what I understand, a heroine high is very similar to being extremely drunk and with similar chemistry backing it up.

gingerkat

I think if anyone speaks of "gateway drugs" they can't leave out alcohol, especially with the resurgence of heroine addiction. From what I understand, a heroine high is very similar to being extremely drunk and with similar chemistry backing it up.
Ummm WHAT? I have never and I mean never heard of this before. I have never tried heroin nor will ever do so, but I have taken other opiates such as morphine, methadone & oxycode (prescribed by a MD) and none of them could be compared with being drunk. But, I supposed everyone has a different body chemistry and it is possible.

If we are going to veer off course, the gateway drug for heroin would be prescription opiates.

bbsam

Staff member
Ummm WHAT? I have never and I mean never heard of this before. I have never tried heroin nor will ever do so, but I have taken other opiates such as morphine, methadone & oxycode (prescribed by a MD) and none of them could be compared with being drunk. But, I supposed everyone has a different body chemistry and it is possible.

If we are going to veer off course, the gateway drug for heroin would be prescription opiates.
I believe the a search of the initials THIQ will explain it well.

gingerkat

I believe the a search of the initials THIQ will explain it well.
This is still only a theory and proves nothing as testing is done on animals and deceased people's brains. It also that this chemical seems to only be present in alcoholics not social drinkers. When there is more literature by reputable establishments, I'll read it.

I've been around all kinds of people in my life and again I'll say that no one has ever claimed that a heroin high is like being drunk.

oldngray

nowhere special
The closest thing I had to an opiate was dilaudid which is a synthetic morphine. Nothing like being drunk. It actually made me sick and I refused any more and had them just give me vicodin which I could tolerate. (I was in the hospital and needed IV antiboitics because of a stray cat bite infection -pasteurella. Very nasty and quick spreading infection).

bbsam

Staff member
This is still only a theory and proves nothing as testing is done on animals and deceased people's brains. It also that this chemical seems to only be present in alcoholics not social drinkers. When there is more literature by reputable establishments, I'll read it.

I've been around all kinds of people in my life and again I'll say that no one has ever claimed that a heroin high is like being drunk.
I am not really concerned with the theory too much but I do know many addicts who attest to the claim that heroin high is very much like being drunk. Not hard to believe if you've ever sat next to one and watched them come in and out of consciousness.

And as to only found in alcoholics, yes. But can you point out the alcoholic before he takes that first drink thus creating the dependence? If yes, then the scientific and health community would love to pay you billions. If not, I'd repeat the assertion that alcohol is a far more effective gathered way drug than pot.

Also, heroin is considered a far "cleaner" drug than alcohol. Alcohol literally destroys every tissue it touches on the way through the human body. Heroin, not so much.

It's all academic though and a little interesting. Not something I'd waste more than an hour looking into unless I were interested in the theory and its science.

Mack Grant

OK let me clarify, I live and work in Denver, its Saturday and I smoke one up, then go to work on Monday not impaired. This has nothing to do with smoking on the job. Anther one I live in NY and go to Colorado for vacation and fire one up. Then go back to work the next week.
Just hope you don't get into an accident assuming you're a driver and get drug tested. Never cared for or understood weed users.

BrownChoice

Methadone is the only prescription medication that the annually DOT medical provider will disqualify a driver, prescribed it or not. This of course, depends on if said driver was honest on the examination forms when listing medications being prescribed.

I take a schedule 2 pain medication, and I get the full 2 years.