Legal to Ask My Age?

MassWineGuy

Well then Bleedin, you're always free to not read this thread. No one's holding a gun to your head (I hope). Compared to many threads I see here, I thought this was one of the more scintilating ones.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well then Bleedin, you're always free to not read this thread. No one's holding a gun to your head (I hope). Compared to many threads I see here, I thought this was one of the more scintilating ones.
Ohhh, you're trying to be funny...I get it. That's almost as funny as a 50+ year old seasonal driver/ helper lol. Yes, if I had to hazard a guess, there probably was a reason why HR wanted your DOB. JMHO

MassWineGuy

Victim of circumstances, man. If that's something that you deem worthy of ridiculing, you have my sympathies. And hey, don't sprain your ankle out there, ok? I'm sure all your comrades must love you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Victim of circumstances, man. If that's something that you deem worthy of ridiculing, you have my sympathies. And hey, don't sprain your ankle out there, ok? I'm sure all your comrades must love you.
Not ridiculing anything....I answered your original question and responded to your comment to me two posts ago. If you don't like what I said, take your own advice and don't read it. And dude...seriously, that's not even funny. There are a few drivers I can't stand....but I'd never wanna see them or any of my union brothers or sisters get injured.

MassWineGuy

Ok. You've got a great point there. Even if I don't see eye to eye with someone, it's wrong to wish them harm. Or wish nearly anyone harm, for that matter.

Do I wish I had some other job options at this point? Certainly. But I know there are a few drivers out there my age. For this gig, driving twice a year for about three months each meets my needs.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I'm sorry for what youre going through. Keep your head up and be optimistic. I hope things turn out ok/great for you.

J

jibbs

Do I wish I had some other job options at this point? Certainly. But I know there are a few drivers out there my age. For this gig, driving twice a year for about three months each meets my needs.

There are plenty of 40-50 year old drivers in my center, and a few 30-somethings that could pass for their mid-40's. We do what we need to to pull in a reasonable income. The specifics shouldn't really matter provided they don't detail illegal activities (and even then I've always been a pretty liberal person when it came to what a person does to make ends meet).

One must not judge someone by the color of the words beside their name, but by the content of their character. Racist? :)

It's no secret that it only takes two jaded BC members to hint at a person being a troll (and Christ I ****ing hate that word now) and receiving their very own scarlet letter. The subtitle forced upon your username really holds no weight in my opinion.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are plenty of 40-50 year old drivers in my center, and a few 30-somethings that could pass for their mid-40's. We do what we need to to pull in a reasonable income. The specifics shouldn't really matter provided they don't detail illegal activities (and even then I've always been a pretty liberal person when it came to what a person does to make ends meet).

It's no secret that it only takes two jaded BC members to hint at a person being a troll (and Christ I ****ing hate that word now) and receiving their very own scarlet letter. The subtitle forced upon your username really holds no weight in my opinion.

Agree. When someone on here says something that another person
Doesnt like, they are a troll. It's truly getting annoying. The mods should bleep out that word for a day or two.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just to clarify, it takes more than 2 jaded members hinting to earn the troll label.

The membership of browncafe have varying views both on what constitutes a troll and how to deal with trolls. Some people view mere antagonism as trolling, while others have a more strict definition. Some people want to ban trolls, others want us all to ignore trolls.

Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll". That way everyone can see that the person has been reported by other members to be trolling our forum. Then others can choose to put them on the ignore list in their profile or choose to respond to or ignore what they say.

The definition that will be used for what constitutes trolling is:
Any member that goes out of their way to make insulting, offensive, or annoying posts to gain attention or upset people rather than contributing any actual content.

Please feel free to continue reporting messages you think are from trolls, and we will continue to address them on a case by case basis. If you feel someone deserves the "Troll" user title, it will help us address the issue if you report trolling posts with the reasons why you consider it trolling (Remember - dissent is not trolling!)

If anyone feels that their "Troll" user title is unwarranted, they may petition the mods to have it removed. The mods will review the issue and make a decision.

J

jibbs

Just to clarify, it takes more than 2 jaded members hinting to earn the troll label.

cheryl said:
Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll".

Okay, so two jaded members refer a name and then moderators swarm with an unbiased judgement. I stand corrected.

It's not a huge issue, I just find the whole Scarlet Letter concept ridiculous. Dunce caps didn't work in the 18th and 19th centuries and I doubt a similar concept'll find much usefulness in contemporary times.

(For the record, just check out these thread about how to find a fast-track to becoming a driver. Plenty of terrible, obviously sarcastic advice yet I see no scarlet wording underneath their usernames. It seems to me the "DONT FEED THE TROLL" title was made to single out one person thought to be using multiple accounts. Once the suspected usernames were ousted it seems there are no newcomers to the Troll title, yet plenty of people trolling new members on a daily basis. Food for thought, I suppose....)