Legitmate Grievances for Atlantic Supplement?

Mythical Methods

What are some of the best things, that are legitimate, to file grievances on as an inside worker?

I know about supervisors working, and have used that one before, and will again, but I am looking for other options just for a rainy day.

Also, what are some of the funniest grievances you have ever seen filed, and were they won or not?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
1. Safety grievances, ie egress, sanitary conditions, etc.

2. Seniority violations, you won't have to look far, they have their pets. (extra work)

3. Not sure if it applies in the Atlantic, but in my area, supes are supposed to wear name tags. They seldom do, and they hate it.

Mythical Methods

1. Safety grievances, ie egress, sanitary conditions, etc.

2. Seniority violations, you won't have to look far, they have their pets. (extra work)

3. Not sure if it applies in the Atlantic, but in my area, supes are supposed to wear name tags. They seldom do, and they hate it.

Never considered the final two. Thanks!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I also highly suggest anyone who feels targeted or is just curious, check their employee file periodically. This is provided under Art 52 section D, Southern Supplement

(D) Each employee has the right to examine his/her Center personnel files upon request on his/her own time and shall receive copies of any documents in their files upon request with the understanding that the employee is responsible for all administrative and copy expenses. The time spent to review the files will be mutually agreed upon.

hyena

What are some of the best things, that are legitimate, to file grievances on as an inside worker?

I know about supervisors working, and have used that one before, and will again, but I am looking for other options just for a rainy day.

Also, what are some of the funniest grievances you have ever seen filed, and were they won or not?
Any violations of the contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sanitary conditions.

Yep.

Go look at the (appropriate) restrooms.

Should there be boogers, smeared on the wall next to the toilets ?

(How about it, Tim S ?)

Seniority violations, you won't have to look far, they have their pets. (extra work)

Always a good one.

As long as it is.... a "true" violation.

Not sure if it applies in the Atlantic, but in my area, supes are supposed to wear name tags. They seldom do, and they hate it.

Now....

We get to some "meat and potatoes". :biggrin:

It's National Language.

ARTICLE 20

Section 5. Identification

"All management personnel shall wear a nametag identifying them as supervision while on duty."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

(How about it, Tim S ?)
Come on bug. Are you trying to imply fat Tim isn't cleaning his share of boogers and poop streaks in the bathrooms? I'm sure he's a master with a plunger in his hand. Just seeing him up close I'm very confident he can both clog up a toilet and unclog one with the best of them.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Come on bug. Are you trying to imply fat Tim isn't cleaning his share of boogers and poop streaks in the bathrooms? I'm sure he's a master with a plunger in his hand. Just seeing him up close I'm very confident he can both clog up a toilet and unclog one with the best of them.

Everyone, should take pride in their work.

Menial work.... is honest work.

The best people I know, are like me.

TS and TDU....

"Pretend" they are beyond that.

-Bug-

Mythical Methods

Yep.

Go look at the (appropriate) restrooms.

Should there be boogers, smeared on the wall next to the toilets ?

(How about it, Tim S ?)

Always a good one.

As long as it is.... a "true" violation.

Now....

We get to some "meat and potatoes". :biggrin:

It's National Language.

ARTICLE 20

Section 5. Identification

"All management personnel shall wear a nametag identifying them as supervision while on duty."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

You guy rock. Some of these are priceless if I would ever need them.

Meat and potatoes it is!