Length of hair and presentability as a UPS manager

I am a male and have medium length "skater" hair. My sideburns are slightly below my earlobes and the back of my hair a little bit below that. I was contemplating on becoming a manager, however I have a few issues. I suffer from depression and was wondering how hard it would be. However I'm just getting so fed up of working my butt off for no chance of improvement. I also have back pain that I can't do anything about because UPS doesn't care. Because of my depression, I'm very quiet and also have low self-esteem issues. I'm feel more comfortable and like myself with my hair longer. I don't like the way I look in short hair. What length am I allowed to have for my hair. I don't have facial hair just wondering about the hair on top of my head. Also are you allowed to wear hats, maybe like a ups fitted cap or something, and would I be able to hide my hair their. Do you have any benefits while you're a manager? Sorry for the long post

I work as a package handler, and most managers are bald are with short hair. However I'm not sure what the maximum length is, I've seen managers wear beanies but never fitted caps or snapbacks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
get-out.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I am a male and have medium length "skater" hair. My sideburns are slightly below my earlobes and the back of my hair a little bit below that. I was contemplating on becoming a manager, however I have a few issues. I suffer from depression and was wondering how hard it would be. However I'm just getting so fed up of working my butt off for no chance of improvement. I also have back pain that I can't do anything about because UPS doesn't care. Because of my depression, I'm very quiet and also have low self-esteem issues. I'm feel more comfortable and like myself with my hair longer. I don't like the way I look in short hair. What length am I allowed to have for my hair. I don't have facial hair just wondering about the hair on top of my head. Also are you allowed to wear hats, maybe like a ups fitted cap or something, and would I be able to hide my hair their. Do you have any benefits while you're a manager? Sorry for the long post

YO! Guido err....NICO! How the hell are you? Don't know if you are the same Nico D I went to college with but if you are, I just gotta say YO I had a friggin blast at that chick's Air Force Party it was off the hook! If you're not him cool!

As for your original question, as long as your hair doesn't look like this hep kat's doo, you should be gravy as a manager. Good luck out there if you do go that route!
Aging-Guido.jpg

Nah I don't think I am Scooby lol, sounds like you had a blast though. Yeah my hair isn't even close to that lol, it's more down like "skater" hair.

RolloTony Brown Town

Don't go into management. You'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons. Based on what I quoted, you not only don't have the right mentality, but also don't possess the qualities.

Look I've got 11 years in. Saying things like "ups doesn't care" in a post where you're talking about making the jump to management just doesn't sit well with me. I get what you're trying to say but that's not the right attitude for a management person.

You also said you're depressed and this affects your self esteem and makes you quiet. In management you need to display confidence in yourself and your abilities or else you'll get walked all over. You can't be quiet. 3/4 of the job is talking.

Yes you can wear hats but if they see that your hair is too long then they'll make you cut it. If your sideburns are below the ear lobe they'll make you take them up. I'm speaking from experience as mine were too low.

As far as benefits... Better school benefits, worse health benefits, better pay check, more responsibility. There's positives in management but don't take that step unless you're planning on working on the tude