Length of hair and presentability as a UPS manager

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I am a male and have medium length "skater" hair. My sideburns are slightly below my earlobes and the back of my hair a little bit below that. I was contemplating on becoming a manager, however I have a few issues. I suffer from depression and was wondering how hard it would be. However I'm just getting so fed up of working my butt off for no chance of improvement. I also have back pain that I can't do anything about because UPS doesn't care. Because of my depression, I'm very quiet and also have low self-esteem issues. I'm feel more comfortable and like myself with my hair longer. I don't like the way I look in short hair. What length am I allowed to have for my hair. I don't have facial hair just wondering about the hair on top of my head. Also are you allowed to wear hats, maybe like a ups fitted cap or something, and would I be able to hide my hair their. Do you have any benefits while you're a manager? Sorry for the long post
Here we go. It's just hair who gives a :censored2:. Being a manager is harder than being hourly. Also there are far less job opportunities being in management vs hourly in general. UPS gives you free insurance to go fix your back pain, they also give you paid sick days to use, and if you have to take time off and get a doctors note UPS can't do :censored2: about it, so in a way they do care, for now, there is no excuse. I've never seen a manager wear a hat, also you are going to have to be a part time sup before you are a manager and that job sucks bung hole. Seriously suck it up butter cup and pay your dues.

nystripe96

If you're already suffering from depression then management will only make it worse. See if you can be moved to the sort aisle to lessen the strain on your back. Wear a back supporter as well. Stay union or find another career path. You'd have to start out as a part time supe, and be a puppet on corporate strings for nigh an eternity till you can even sniff full time

El Correcto

god is dead
Get an undercut
Disconnected-Undercut-12.jpg

Gotout

Yes it does. UPS is paying for me to get my MBA right now.
I'm glad to hear this.

I should have been more specific. They do not pay for post graduate degrees by default like they do with an undergrad. The only person I ever knew who had his mba paid for was an up and coming feeder manager. Came up through the hubs, did a stint in ie, became a dispatcher and then was a dts top gun and feeder on road before making manager. He got the eye of the district hr manager and convinced him to pay for his mba. The irony is that when he got passed up for division manager after that he bailed.

The ultimate decision maker in this is the district hr manager. If op is the stud that this guy was and that you probably are, he's got a shot.

But don't listen to me...

raceanoncr

To the OP:

It seems, by your post, that you have more important issues to face than just your hair. Others have stated on here what management is like and if you have some of these other problems already, then you are doomed.

Sorry, not being negative here, but this job, ANY job in UPS, is not for the faint of heart.

FilingBluesFL

If you add 20 years to this kid, we have a douchy night supervisor that has this haircut.

So if you like your big head, to look like your little head, you're good to go I guess!

Attachments

• douchy skater haircut.jpg
    douchy skater haircut.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 265